T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I just got approved for my merchant account this morning and I just finished a test transaction. My site is finally ready to start taking orders. I can't believe I made my July 1 deadline.

To think this started with an idea I had for a t-shirt back in February. I couldn't have done it without this forum and all the help I've received. I just want to thank everyone who's been there to answer my barrage of novice questions.

I'm going to take the site out of test mode tonight when I get home from work. :D

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Congrats Phil! I was just reading one of your first posts earlier this morning.

You've come a long way. It's nice to see it come all together from an idea.

I hope we helped some :)

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Great job Phil!

One small suggestion....could you center you site, so it doesn't hang to the left? A little thing, but I think it would add greatly to your nice site.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Congratulations! Very nicely put together. Centre it though ;)

I might have to buy the hadoken tee myself.. free shipping to England?? ;)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Despite the two suggestions to center the site I'm going to have to decline. I specifically designed it that way and I prefer the way it looks uncentered. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RAHchills said:
nice one Phil. I'm getting close to launching myself and you're giving me that last bit of inspiration. :)

great looking site.
Thanks Chris. As a lot of people here know, it's a really good feeling to finish something like this. Let us know when it's up.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cool site except it is off center (LOL just kidding) What is GIB (on my site GIB stands for "Gnomes in Black" so now I ask others what they think GIB Stands for) one thing when I choose white it would be nice to see a white preview ... Oh I see ... you hover over it to see a white preview... hmmm not intuitive but cool.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Despotte said:
Cool site except it is off center (LOL just kidding) What is GIB (on my site GIB stands for "Gnomes in Black" so now I ask others what they think GIB Stands for) one thing when I choose white it would be nice to see a white preview ... Oh I see ... you hover over it to see a white preview... hmmm not intuitive but cool.
Gibs is short for giblets and are guts, innards, the remains of a corpse when someone is blown up or explodes (mainly) in a First Person Shooter. It's a very famous term if you are familiar with particular games.

You're right, it's not intuitive but my thinking was that when people are looking at websites, even when they aren't clicking on things they are still moving the mouse around and they would quickly understand how it works. Maybe it's just me, sometimes I'm very hyper and spastic with my mouse movements! :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
TeeShirtSamurai said:
Gibs is short for giblets and are guts, innards, the remains of a corpse when someone is blown up or explodes (mainly) in a First Person Shooter. It's a very famous term if you are familiar with particular games.

You're right, it's not intuitive but my thinking was that when people are looking at websites, even when they aren't clicking on things they are still moving the mouse around and they would quickly understand how it works. Maybe it's just me, sometimes I'm very hyper and spastic with my mouse movements! :)
I haven't played a FPS since late 90's I was an early adopter (Castle Wolfenstien 3D and the original DOOM) but my Hand Eye coordination deteriorated after a car accident now I mostly like RTS and RP I guess that is also why I am more economical in my mouse movements and didn't catch the hover untill after I started reviewing the site.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all the comments and support.

justthisguy said:
Like it, nice site :) - the hover-zoom is nice, maybe goes too far?
Yeh, that is intentional. ;)

justthisguy said:
The white T pics might look better, more defined, on a different colour background?
Interesting. I'll look at that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts