T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don't have a lot of $ starting up a tshirt business for off road women. A graphic artist refered me to istockphoto to save $ for designs. I can't view them on my computer when I purchase them because I don't have the right programs. I have an old DEll PC. Can I just pick & choose designs & send to a printer to screen without paying their graphic artist a fee because the design is not how it looks on istockphoto? Will the desgn from istock look exactly as it does when I purchase it & send it to them? Can I ad my company name acroos the design etc to personlize it to my company?Thanks for your help..I have a tradeshow (my first ever) in 4 weeks & I am trying to get some designs quickly on a budget next to $0.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Try downloading Inkscape - it's a free vector based program, which will hopefully allow you to view (and modify) the stuff you're downloading. You won't need any skill or training to just add words to a design.

That said, if you want to send the file over directly without looking at it, it shouldn't cause the printer any problems. Some printers charge an art fee, some don't, but for something as simple as adding a company name I imagine most wouldn't.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you,
I am so frusterated on a small budget I feel like I want to cry lol! I have my niche & am so excited to get out there but the budget is small & my graphic artist friend didn't make any of my art in the correct programs. And I paid him out of my small budget! I feel like I have hit a wall & I have a tradeshow I paid for coming up in 6 weeks w/no product or design that anyone can print. I am hoping Istock can get me something for the show until I can put some money back into a REAL graphic artist? Thanks for your advise!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts