T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a couple Tjet 3s from an auction of US Screen going out of business. This was a while ago, so when I got these printers, there were issues with clogged printheads, etc... I've fixed most of those issues, thanks to the threads here, however, one of the printers is trying to test my patience. In the middle of the trial and error phase of cleaning the print heads and printing test pages, it abruptly stopped half way through a print and threw the error and ink lights blinking at the same time. The manual says this is a height sensor problem, however, when I ran the Epson program, it told me that the fatal error code was 61 and that it was the "PW Sensor". Once again, from this forum I found out what it was, removed it, cleaned it (honestly it looked brand new as these machines were newly refurbished from US screen before they went out of business) and re-installed with no luck. I'm still getting the error code. My question is that given the circumstances (abruptly stopping in the middle of a print) is this most like a cable or sensor problem. Meaning, is it most likely that the sensor really did go out?? From what I understand from the hours of reading on this site, most of these problems are simply needing to be cleaned, however, this seems out of place because these units are practically brand new. Just curious if anyone had any advice.

· Registered
5,758 Posts
I purchased a couple Tjet 3s from an auction of US Screen going out of business. This was a while ago, so when I got these printers, there were issues with clogged printheads, etc... I've fixed most of those issues, thanks to the threads here, however, one of the printers is trying to test my patience. In the middle of the trial and error phase of cleaning the print heads and printing test pages, it abruptly stopped half way through a print and threw the error and ink lights blinking at the same time. The manual says this is a height sensor problem, however, when I ran the Epson program, it told me that the fatal error code was 61 and that it was the "PW Sensor". Once again, from this forum I found out what it was, removed it, cleaned it (honestly it looked brand new as these machines were newly refurbished from US screen before they went out of business) and re-installed with no luck. I'm still getting the error code. My question is that given the circumstances (abruptly stopping in the middle of a print) is this most like a cable or sensor problem. Meaning, is it most likely that the sensor really did go out?? From what I understand from the hours of reading on this site, most of these problems are simply needing to be cleaned, however, this seems out of place because these units are practically brand new. Just curious if anyone had any advice.
:welcome:

were you able to get this fix

· Registered
4 Posts
I have a email from us screen to fix that, it required you to hook up a serial cable to the printer by taking the side cover off and using hyper terminal to reset the settings on the main board. PM me your email address and I will fwd the email to you.

· Registered
5,872 Posts
I have a email from us screen to fix that, it required you to hook up a serial cable to the printer by taking the side cover off and using hyper terminal to reset the settings on the main board. PM me your email address and I will fwd the email to you.

The US Screen email you are referring to dealt with disabling the media height sensor on the T-Jet 3's. That does not appear to be the problem with Jeff162534's T-Jet 3 printer. My understanding is that these machines already had the media height sensors disabled.

Justin in our Support Department recommends trying the following:

Double check the carriage for lubrication and ensure it moves freely.

Also double check to ensure when the PW sensor was removed and reinstalled that the thin ribbon cable is firmly seated back into place properly.

Harry
Equipment Zone

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still haven't been able to get the code to go away. I was on vacation for a while so I haven't worked on it yet, but I will be working with it tonight to try to re-seat the ribbon cable. When I removed it to begin with there was absolutely no hint of any build up or other factors that would have caused this to give me a false sensor code. If I re-hook everything up and still have the code, is it safe to assume that I may just have a bad sensor or ribbon cable??

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey RA. I'm willing to try anything at this point. I tried to PM you, but it says you have too many stored and cannot accept anymore.

· Registered
4 Posts
Wondering if you ever got this fixed. I had that same issue at first. Do you have the R1800 adjustment program? If so try running the CR Heat protection control utility. Click on the CR Motor and CR Guide shaft options on that page and then Preform. That fixed my CR Drive issue. Now I have another.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.