T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for the add. Don't roast me guys. What am I doing wrong? I bought a Stahls A2Z press using a new ECO tank 2800. Going through shirt after shirt. No matter what I do there is impression from the artwork? I have use the platen only, heat press pillow, used foam ( not vapor foam) to raise surface. Foam is smaller than the artwork so it hangs off supposedly avoiding jagged edges. I know its operator error. Is there not enough pressure applied to push the artwork through?
I have tried everything
Temp 375-400 degree
Pressure is light to mid
Time is 30 -90 secs
Paper is Nu-Fun for light transfers
Shirts are A4 100% polyester
Ink is Anit- UV printers jack
Sewing machine Table Sewing machine feet Sewing Wood

Bottle Liquid Drinkware Glass bottle Bottle cap

Outerwear Product Textile Sleeve T-shirt

Table Wood Shelving Office equipment Desk

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design Azure

White Sleeve Orange Sportswear T-shirt

Font Document Paper Paper product Wood

Sleeve Grey Jersey T-shirt Sportswear

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
all light transfer paper has a 'glue' that adheres the pigment ink to the garment, also referred to as a 'window'

you have a dyesub setup, get decent dyesub paper

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
Thank you guys. I bought the wrong thing. Happy to know it was something simple as the paper. Rookie mistake :)
you will be surprised at the new results

does printer jack supply icc profiles?
if your colors are too far out of whack, you may have to do some color trials to dial in your settings
(paper + printer + ink)

if you ever do decide to branch out into poly-cotton lights, like 50/50 or above, then jpss (jetpro sofstretch) is the best paper for that
you can search in the heat transfer sub-section here for more info

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you will be surprised at the new results

does printer jack supply icc profiles?
if your colors are too far out of whack, you may have to do some color trials to dial in your settings
(paper + printer + ink)

if you ever do decide to branch out into poly-cotton lights, like 50/50 or above, then jpss (jetpro sofstretch) is the best paper for that
you can search in the heat transfer sub-section here for more info
Thank you so much. You all have been a great help. My paper will arrive tomorrow. I'm excited.

·
Administrator
15,160 Posts
Thank you guys. I bought the wrong thing. Happy to know it was something simple as the paper. Rookie mistake :)
All that said, some paper like what you bought can be printed with sublimation ink and pressed on to light cotton shirts. Your mileage may vary. Certainly will not be as vibrant or long lasting as sublimation on polyester. But what the heck, you have the paper, may as well experiment for personal use.

If you ever find yourself needing transfer paper in the future for light garments, the industry standard is Jet Pro Soft Stretch. Works best will pigment ink but I've read some have used dye sublimation ink with success too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I love Jetcol sub paper. You can get it from Coastal Business Supplies. Great ink release!
This ?

Coastal wants $16 for shipping. Amazon has it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts