T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello to you all.

i just tried out a new transfer paper called "Sub-Trans 95%" (by Colortec) from Coast Graphic Supply. it's supposed to allow more of the ink to sit on the surface of the paper. so less is obsorbed by the paper. also so that less ink is used on the transfer and still get good printing results.

when i print on it i do notice that the ink looks "wetter". im guessing this is because the ink is thicker on the surface. the problem is that the black ink now prints with small "holes" instead of a solid black coverage (see pic).

i printed on a sheet of TexPrintXP (which is what i normally use) and the black printed just fine. im guessing the excess ink that now lays on the surface of the new paper is creating this problem with the black ink.

my question is..how do i adjust the amount of ink output on my epson 1280 so that i get less ink on the paper?

on the photo..the font is supposed to look "grungy" so ignore the spattered ink around the letters...its the part where you see tiny white "dots" that is supposed to be solid black.

Miguel.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I am not familiar with that paper. I do not suggest you try to change the saturation as that
throws the color balance off. Use a paper that works for you. I use our Dyetrans SPP, Texprint and
Jetcol papers depending on what I am transferring to.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yes ive stopped using the paper now. the black ink would just sit on the surface of the paper..then it would beed..and eventually bleed. all other colors seem to print well though..just the black giving problems. ill stick to textprint. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts