T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I really hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'm trying to set up a business selling clothing with my own designs on. I have a heat press and Cricut (only while I test the market), I've purchased some Jet Opaque heat transfer paper and I've purchased some pigment ink for my old Epson 1400 printer.

However, when I do a test print of the paper the 100% black comes out quite faded. Before I purchased the ink, the company said I'd be able to use normal paper with these inks but I'm wondering if that's the case? Or will I never be able to print black at 100%?

I've tried talking to the printing company but I'm not having much luck. I feel quite downhearted as I also have the issue that the ink is printing quite cool compared to my Canon Megatank and I have no clue how to fix that either.

I've enclosed a photo of print outs from my Canon Megatank (behind) and Epson printer (at the front.)

Could anyone advise? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
print your jet opaque on regular paper, highest quality
(you probably chose photo setting and a re printing a mix of colors not straight black)

do you have an icc for the ink and paper?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your response!

The company I purchased the ink from have told me to change the density but I can't seem to do that as I'm on a Mac and also to try all the page settings but all give a mix of black and not the straight gradient I see on screen.

I'm at a bit of a loss sadly :(

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
i can shoot you an icc for the jet opaque ii, send me a pm with your email,
but that won't help you get a blacker black (that is a printer/graphics program issue)

did you print a test sample with plain paper and highest quality settings?
try printing the below sstraight from your web browser (ie open image in new tab, then ctrl p or print with the above settings)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi again,

I've printed the sample image on plain printer paper on normal and fine and this is what I get.

I think I get closer to the black scale when it's on economy but it's far too light. I'm at a loss of what to do as the ink company keep telling me to change the density but I don't seem to be able to on my Mac. As far as I understand on normal and above there's too much ink on the page which is causing the fading? It's oversaturated?

I'll PM you my email address!

I do appreciate your help, I've been close to giving up completely sadly.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
i think you are right about the oversaturation
make sure you have the speed at its highest

i thought the 1400 used dye inks (claria inks are dye, are you sure you got pigment inks?)
not that this would affect your printouts, just longevity on the tee

here are the updated drivers for mac (pick whichever os you use)
here is the manual for the 1400 (on page 25 you can get some advanced options like more quality settings etc.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

I really hope I'm posting in the right forum. I'm trying to set up a business selling clothing with my own designs on. I have a heat press and Cricut (only while I test the market), I've purchased some Jet Opaque heat transfer paper and I've purchased some pigment ink for my old Epson 1400 printer.

However, when I do a test print of the paper the 100% black comes out quite faded. Before I purchased the ink, the company said I'd be able to use normal paper with these inks but I'm wondering if that's the case? Or will I never be able to print black at 100%?

I've tried talking to the printing company but I'm not having much luck. I feel quite downhearted as I also have the issue that the ink is printing quite cool compared to my Canon Megatank and I have no clue how to fix that either.

I've enclosed a photo of print outs from my Canon Megatank (behind) and Epson printer (at the front.)

Could anyone advise? Thanks!
First of all, I thought about saturation. But how to regulate it, just try to reinstall drivers as said above. And, to my mind isn't it better to upgrade your printer to a new one? In case that you are starting business

·
Registered
5 Posts
First of all, I thought about saturation. But how to regulate it, just try to reinstall drivers as said above. And, to my mind isn't it better to upgrade your printer to a new one? In case that you are starting business

You do not have a setting on your printer to control the saturation?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts