T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im using permaset metallic inks for the 1st time and I have noticed the inks are drying in the screen pretty much straight away. I know about using water based inks and how they dry onto the screen, I do all the normal things I would do when using permaset water based inks, but this is like instantly and I have added retarder too. Is printing metallic inks different to the other permaset inks or is it all the same and theres another issue?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi Maria! Most probably you are using too high mesh count because with metallic inks there are bigger particles in there - so your ink isn't actually drying in the screen - it just don't come through it. Try using 32T mesh wiht metallics :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Maria! Most probably you are using too high mesh count because with metallic inks there are bigger particles in there - so your ink isn't actually drying in the screen - it just don't come through it. Try using 32T mesh wiht metallics :)
Hi, thanks for the reply, that was the problem and using a 32t mesh fixed the problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts