T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to mark your calendar.... I just received email regarding the 2009 ISS show in Long Beach. It will be Jan 23-25 and registration for free admission is now open at
Imprinted Sportswear Shows - Long Beach

Should be another great show

for those who are also promotional product reps...the PPAI show will be in Las Vegas Jan 12-16 at Mandalay Bay Convention Center

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just finished registering!

Even though we will (Hopefully) be in Dallas by then, we still will make the trip to see family & stay on the Queen Mary :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
For anyone that has been to an ISS show, can you purchase products there at the show? How about minimums, are they high? Are they generous with the typical trade show swag and goodies? I am debating on whether to drive or fly and the outcome will depend on how much stuff I will bring back with me. Any info helps, thanks!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
For anyone that has been to an ISS show, can you purchase products there at the show? How about minimums, are they high? Are they generous with the typical trade show swag and goodies? I am debating on whether to drive or fly and the outcome will depend on how much stuff I will bring back with me. Any info helps, thanks!
You can buy equipment at the show (like demo units) from some vendors. It's possible a few of the blank t-shirt manufacturers or transfer makers might sell you some samples as well as the show progresses.

How much stuff you come back with is really up to you though. You could come back empty handed, or if you want lots of stuff, I'm sure you could work the free samples.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As Rodney stated...you could buy nothing or break the bank...in 2007, I bought the Epson 1400 with sublimation CIS...and also bought demo Roland GX24...then this year I bought Roland EGX 350.. Now I am afraid to go this year...maybe I could go if I left my check book and credit cards at home!!..

Alll kidding aside...try to make the ISS or NBM show...you will learn a lot by just watching and walking

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
You can buy equipment at the show (like demo units) from some vendors. It's possible a few of the blank t-shirt manufacturers or transfer makers might sell you some samples as well as the show progresses.

How much stuff you come back with is really up to you though. You could come back empty handed, or if you want lots of stuff, I'm sure you could work the free samples.
But you may not be able to get the floor models till the end of show. If you are driving like I am from Norther Cal you need to consider the weather. Sometimes the highways across the grapevine are closed like what happened to me 2 years ago...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm planning on being there at least one day. Email [myfirstname] [at] printfection.com if you want to meetup at the show, would love to get to know some of you and your thoughts on the industry. I'm a crackberry addict, so I check me email all the time, feel free to email me the day before/day of the show, last-minute plans work best for me as my schedule is always changing!

Casey Schorr
CEO
Printfection.com

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Normally I do demos for my distributors thrre but this year I am just going to walk around. Brining my wife along as she has never been to a show. I may do an hour at Ace tranfer and another hour at Coastal as both are my distributors. See you there..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey guys/girls......I will be working the show and would love to be in on a meet-all with forum members!!! Count me in if this happens:) If not, come see me,Will, at the magictouch booth!!! Badalou, Please let me know where you'll be at....I've already met a few Sr. Forum members and would love to add you to my list:)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I will definately be there, well as long as my sugery is not scheduled around then. I hope the dates work out right, because I am really looking forward to going and seeing some of the people from here :)

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Probably a 50/50 chance of me being there, usually we only visit Long Beach once a year to keep costs down. We do Vegas usually 2-3 times a year since we have friends and family down there. We may hold out for NBM this year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - I'm a new member doing research for my business plan. I'm looking for a tradeshow where I can learn the most about and see in action the various garment printing options (screen, heat press, DTG, etc). I live in Northern CA. I'm considering attending this show's exhibits and possibly conference sessions (not posted yet). Do you recommend it for a novice? Or is there something else I should be attending?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
This show is a great show to see all the different equipment out there. Its the biggest show there is here in california for the garment decoration industry.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Hi - I'm a new member doing research for my business plan. I'm looking for a tradeshow where I can learn the most about and see in action the various garment printing options (screen, heat press, DTG, etc). I live in Northern CA. I'm considering attending this show's exhibits and possibly conference sessions (not posted yet). Do you recommend it for a novice? Or is there something else I should be attending?
Hi Mandy, I'm in Northern CA as well, and I'd recommend the ISS show in Long Beach if you are interested in seeing the different printing techniques upclose and personal.

You'll also get to see all types of different wholesale blank apparel sources and be able to touch the different fabrics and styles.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts