T-Shirt Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be attending the ISS trade show in Long Beach next weekend. Is anyone else from the forum making the trip. Might be a nice time to put some faces with a screen name:)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm going on the floor, but not sure of the classes yet? Has anyone taken the classes/seminars at an ISS show before? Some of them sound interesting.

Thanx.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have not taken any classes....but this time I'm participating in the product demo section of the Start Up Decorator Seminar. We sponsor a group that participates in giving the seminar. The seminar is supposed to be pretty good for shops looking to start up or expand into screen printing, embroidery, or heat printing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I went to the show. Didn't take any classes though. The floor is worth the price of admission. I guess it would really depend on what you're interested in.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I would really like to find someone there who would like to stock some of my creations. What is the best way to go about this? Just bring a portfolio and start pitching to anyone who will listen?

Do I really need pictures of all my t-shirts being worn by models? I believe it would cost a few hundred bucks to get that done.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Are you referring to tee shirts or art? No one there is selling tee shirts per say. All the major tee shirt companies are there, and a lot of transfer art companies. If you’re looking to sell your art you can try and talk w/ the transfer companies at the show, but obviously their first priority is to sell their stuff.

I would advise collecting information on the companies you want to approach and get a contact name at the show. If you happen to get into it w/ the right person, great. But I would plan on approaching these companies after the show.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We are driving from Santa Cruz, and are going for the classes and show. This is my first ISS so I'm hoping to get a lot out of it.

I'd suggest we all set a place and time during the show. That way any forum members can meet there/then.
??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.