T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my very first batch of shirts done for a new brand I'm launching. I wanted to get feedback on whether these things are worth bringing up with my printer. Overall I am very happy with the work - I think the images themselves look great and exactly like the artwork I submitted; I like the feel of the premium blanks I chose; their prices are very competitive; most important, I feel comfortable with the owners and think they are honest hard working people. At the same time, being my first time, I want to make sure I am getting the right level of value - as subjective as that might be, I am realizing.

I found a lot of these weird dark fuzzballs in a batch of shirts that seemed to only be with the dark print on the inside of the shirt. Some shirts had a ton more. They came off easily enough though with scotch tape ...

On a few shirts there were these dark streaks which could not be removed with scotch tape. I am hoping they wash off ...

On just a couple of shirts there was this indentation as if it had been poked with a cone tipped object or something ...

Again, I really like these printers but being my first go around, just want to level set what my expectations ought to be.

Thanks!

· Registered
233 Posts
The issues you are showing could be from the the t-shirt vendor or from your printer. More than likely the printer. The stains on the bottom of the shirt could be from the bottom of a screen holder as it's coming down on the palette. The fuzzier inside of the shirts sounds like lint on the palette from a previous job that was not cleaned. Usually sweats leave a lot of lint on the palette. It could be a number of reasons. Regardless, you need to address it with the printer that it is unacceptable. This is their problem not yours and you need to establish this now if you plan a long-term relationship.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Different thank you VERY MUCH. This is exactly what I needed to know. I'll be taking the marked shirts back and hoping for a cordial conversation.

Let me ask this - is this subpar work and should I be looking for another printer? For context, this was a small batch of 75 and I'd say at least 5 shirts had issues like the pics above and maybe another 5 with far smaller markings but markings nonetheless.

· Registered
4,584 Posts
Again, I really like these printers but being my first go around, just want to level set what my expectations ought to be.
Thanks!

It is obviously a quality check issue. The printer should be the one doing the cleaning, and give you the ones that come out perfect. You could also buy the "irregular ones" for a reduced price. That should be half the price of the blank or less.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.