T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a graphic company, and we are expanding into the schoolwearmarket.

We have done a lot of research, and have found that the runlengths are from 25-150 pieces (the same school logo, but different types of colors and fabric). The products sold are 90% hoodies and very few t-shirts.

We will keep 21 different products in stock, with about 10 different colors.

The market peaks in summer/fall, and is very quiet in winter/spring, so the machines will not be used at this time of year.

Is the Epson the right machine for me? (summary: printing mostly hoodies in many different varieties and colors and only producing half the year)...

(I have also looked at the Kornit Breeze and the Brother, but I feel maintenence/service is better on the Epson since I am only using it half the year, and I know we will start off very slow.. Am I right?)

· Registered
618 Posts
I am running a graphic company, and we are expanding into the schoolwearmarket.

We have done a lot of research, and have found that the runlengths are from 25-150 pieces (the same school logo, but different types of colors and fabric). The products sold are 90% hoodies and very few t-shirts.

We will keep 21 different products in stock, with about 10 different colors.

The market peaks in summer/fall, and is very quiet in winter/spring, so the machines will not be used at this time of year.

Is the Epson the right machine for me? (summary: printing mostly hoodies in many different varieties and colors and only producing half the year)...

(I have also looked at the Kornit Breeze and the Brother, but I feel maintenence/service is better on the Epson since I am only using it half the year, and I know we will start off very slow.. Am I right?)

For your situation I would go for the Brother 361, Low start up cost, and by adding the touchdown platen you will be able to cope with the zip hoodies

· Registered
8,354 Posts
If you know how to print paper you can print shirts. (Offset, art level, special effects etc)
This is the beauty of DTG. Pretreat is only difference but after 10-20 shirts waste you can find Sweet Spot.:). Epson out put quality is surpass Brother quality is well Known. Only EPSON behind is history. Why don't you be a history maker? Lol.
Replacement printhead cost also should be count on decision factor.
Supply cost are neck to neck.
Warranty: you need to study on it but IMO Epson is way ahead.
Once you become Tsf member you are already in safe zone.
If you give me a chance to serve you I will make sure you will reach to your goal.
Cheers! Inks are on me always.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.