T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys is this what Printer i need for screen printing the positive film with? Everyone tells me to get an epson 1400. Thank you!

Btw I am getting this off craigslist used for 100$ is that a good price for a used one? thanks again

Attachments

· Registered
266 Posts
The Epson 1400 is great. I have the same one but instead of the ink that comes with it, I use the Blackmaxx system. I purchased through Ryonet at Screen Printing Supplies, Screen Printing Equipment & Screen Printing Kits
The $100 price tag is pretty good. Obviously you want to make sure that it works. So be thorough before you fork over your hard earned cash.
There are also plenty of videos on YouTube regarding screen printing and the epson 1400. You should check them out if you have any doubts.
Good luck CTINK.

· Registered
266 Posts
The most important question is why he/she is selling? Has it ever had any problems? However, that assuming they tell you the truth lol. I would just test the printer and make sure it works then I would thoroughly inspect it.

Good luck!

· Registered
825 Posts
there aren't different types of 1400's.. They make a 1430 now which is the same machine with wireless access to the printer.. that's the only change..

Make sure the print heads aren't clogged. That will cost more than the printer is worth to replace.
For $109 you could just get a refurbed 1100 from Epson. Only real difference between the 2 is the 1100 is faster and uses pigment ink where the 1400 is slower and uses dye based ink. I believe they have the same picolitre sizes for their droplets too, but don't quote me on that.
Epson WorkForce 1100 Wide-format Printer - Refurbished, Overview - Product Information - Epson America, Inc.

**Also both are compatible with Accurip now**

· Registered
825 Posts
yeah that's the Epson 1400. That's the one you would want..
I would buy it new or Certified Refurbished from Epson.

The 1100 is almost the same printer and will run you a lot less. Only real difference being that it comes stock with pigment ink.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
I have bought all but my first 1400 used. The 1100 prints faster for 2 reasons. Is capable of lower resolution and has less channels. If you print in same resolution and both in bi-directional or uni-directional they will be very similar in speed. I highly reccomend switching the 1100 to dye ink this will make it less likely to clog. I have always used all black with blackmaxx ink but I am thinking of trying this ink http://www.discountscreenfilms.com/sub-cat.php?cat_id=1. I wouldn't use their films though don't think their water proof

Either printer will make excellent films and if you need a RIP. filmmaker has a a lite version for the 1100 $195. Same as the DTP but only for the 1100.

· Registered
825 Posts
I have bought all but my first 1400 used. The 1100 prints faster for 2 reasons. Is capable of lower resolution and has less channels. If you print in same resolution and both in bi-directional or uni-directional they will be very similar in speed. I highly reccomend switching the 1100 to dye ink this will make it less likely to clog. I have always used all black with blackmaxx ink but I am thinking of trying this ink http://www.discountscreenfilms.com/sub-cat.php?cat_id=1. I wouldn't use their films though don't think their water proof

Either printer will make excellent films and if you need a RIP. filmmaker has a a lite version for the 1100 $195. Same as the DTP but only for the 1100.
I just emailed the company that makes filmmaker about their 1100 Lite Version.. Hoping it does everything that their full version does(with the exception of it being limited to only 1 computer and only for the 1100). For the cost of a refurbed 1100 and that software you will still be $100 cheaper than just buying Accurip and no printer.

· Registered
8,278 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.