T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi Ironhead . . .

don't see why it wouldn't -- this one is made from a skillet

if you purchase it . . let us know how it works out . .

Diane :)

·
Registered
950 Posts
I wouldn't try it, but if you are thinking about it, consider this.....

"Large Surface Area
The Simplicity Quick Press Iron offers a 22" x 9" surface is 7 times larger than regular irons."

22" x 9" seems like an odd size for transfers, and (9" is not much area to work with.

"Enormous Amount of Pressure
Up to 100 pounds of pressure produces crisp, sharp creases and securely adheres fusible materials and heat transfers; also press several layers at one time; compare to 20 pounds of pressure available with your conventional iron."

It does mention pressing heat transfers, but I'm not sure how many pounds of pressure a "regular" heat press has.

Safety Features
Safety Features-automatic shut off and automatic safety alarm features turn off the electric power to the heater when the pressing plate has been left against the ironing board for more than 10 seconds or if the pressing plate is left in the open position without use after approximately 15 minutes.

I'm not sure if I'd want to thing to start dropping in temerature after only 10 seconds. I also would not want it to loose heat if I'm getting things ready for more than 15 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts