T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had a coach from a local high school wanting to possibly renumber some of his old jerseys. how would i do that. i am assuming its vinyl. the numbers on there are faded and cracking or broken. he wasnt specific so i'm not sure but its my assumption.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: is this possible?

there was a product available for this purpose it was called T-Saver and sold by Coeds a member of this forum who is sadly no longer with us . There will be posts archived on this forum though . There are also similar products but I am sorry I do not know the name . With the T-Saver you use to brush it on the vinyl and after it had soaked it just remove the vinyl and glue residue .

·
Registered
158 Posts

Most people with any sense would not even touch this. If you can find someone that does heat pressing of cad cut vinyl they can probably press a square to cover the number and press a new number on top. We saved a few shirts like this that where numbered wrong.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Coeds kids are running the business now. Try doing a forum search for t saver and see if coeds posts come up.. im not sure if he has his website links on his signature still, but if he does try contacting his kids through it also you can try sending him a PM and hopefully one of his kids will message you back, i know his son was on the forum for some time using coeds name.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts

Most likely be cheaper and easier to buy new.
Agreed. Removing vinyl from an old shirt, or anything other than a fingerprint with a spotting gun, is a waste of money. The time it takes and the cost of the chemistry to remove the offending material, along with the iffy results, is almost always a losing proposition. The only reason I can see salvaging a garment is if the replacement cost is prohibitively expensive, or it simply isn't available anymore.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts