T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello forum I have a question. I have a guy I work with that in his second job is a volunteer parol officer. I have seen his I'd and such which clearly states volunteer. He asked me to print a shirt that is like the shirts the full time parol officers wear that has the states seal on the left chest. If it legal for me to print this for him or does permission need to be granted by the state to do this?

I asked him why he doesn't just get it from the job and he says his sgt is dragging his feet getting him the shirts.. I don't want to print it and get introuble for it thanks albie

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I'd pass on the job, in this day and age you never know what his intent is, I'd hate for you to help him do something that was shady, or could come back on you because he's not authorized to wear that shirt....he is a volunteer correct?

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes he is a volunteer i have known him for 5 years we work at our current jobs together i have seen his picture id from the parol board. he is a stand up guy im not worried abiut him doing something wrong but if his sgt asks were he got the shirt....... then i might be in trouble

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would ask for a letter of authorization form the organization. I am a volunteer firefighter and most public saftey supply house require one for uniforms, badges, etc. FOr me it has never been an issue to get one.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I wouldn't pass on the job, but I would get permission from the sarge. It may turn out that he/she likes your work better than their current supplier. But do get permission. There's nothing like stepping on law enforcement toes.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think the laws are from state to state. In Michigan you need to be under contract by the Law Enforcement Uniform Supply house. The shop I was printing at had the contract but you need to follow very strict policies about miss prints (need to provide proof of destruction on all miss prints) and accounting of all shirts including the volunteer staff. A lot of places frown upon printing official state seals and all that due to them not knowing who's getting their hands on the stuff.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I'd pass. If he's supposed to have those shirts, his boss will get them for him. Maybe the boss is dragging his feet for a reason. Sounds to me like the kind of guy who goes on a ride-along with a patrol officer, then decides to go to the gun show and buy one of those badges they sell there, then go around whipping it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts