T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am about to start my own T-shirt printing business and was looking through the internet for kit, there is lots out there I found this one Semi-Pro Complete Screen Printing Kit could anybody please advice me wether this is a good start up kit, if not please point me in the right direction as I'm cluessless, we used hi tech kit at college which I can't afford so have to starrt here.
Thanks in advace

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bornover
That is way above my budget, I have only $2000 and I think the 6 color 4 station is more than i need for start up, I will be working in my garage so short on space too, what would you recommend for this budget?
thanks
Simba

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The two station silver press with micro adjustments is a good press to start with. You want two stations so you can flash one garment while printing another screen on another garment. Ryonet says you can cure one garment with the flash unit while printing the other, I don't know how fast that would be if you are trying to do a lot of garments.

I believe you do want a decent exposure unit to burn screens with so you can get nice half tones. Then you need a good way to cure the inks and a printing system to print out films. I don't know, 2K is almost there to get that. The 1008x2 package gets you the 2 station press, and you can upgrade the exposure unit in the 1008x2 package. Then you still need a dryer and film printing system. You might be able to find a used small conveyor dryer on Craig's List or something. Then a cheap Epson printer loaded with refillable cartridges and some way to output halftones to the printer to get your films.

I guess you could forgo the conveyor dryer and cure with a flash unit, but you still need to burn good screens and that will require good halftones. I know you can get good halftones using RIP software to output to your printer, and RIPs are not cheap. There are some cheaper alternatives like the stuff Steve Yates is selling and something called Simple Seps that AdvancedTshirts sells, but I don't know how good that alternative works.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is the starter press I like and it's two color

Two color press - all metal construction

SilkscreenNOW.com

SilkscreenNOW.com

$149.

And he offers a companion starter package with two screens, ink, chemicals, squeegees, emulsion tray, etc. for $150.

Here's the kicker - great videos on the site that take you from soup to nuts.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Re: This is the starter press I like and it's two color

Two color press - all metal construction

SilkscreenNOW.com

SilkscreenNOW.com

$149.

And he offers a companion starter package with two screens, ink, chemicals, squeegees, emulsion tray, etc. for $150.

Here's the kicker - great videos on the site that take you from soup to nuts.
It may a be cheaper press, but what about the rest of the equipment and supplies you need with it? Also, Ryonet has proven support that is first class. Some things are worth the little bit extra money so you know you won't be left holding the bag.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice guys, will definetely come in handy, one more question what are half tones?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Anyone know anything about this unit, price looks very, very good at about 329...
4 Color Print Station
I'm starting with a 1 station one color hobby press so a four color
would allow me to really explore some graphic options. I looked a the do it yourself and the price is close for a four color press. This is steel and seems more durable in construction but I am always skeptical with on line purchases

1 - 8 of 8 Posts