T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

After experimenting with plastisol transfers for the last couple weeks, we are happy to say that we (almost) have it down to a science. No botched shirts in days, and they are coming through multiple wash/dry cycles like champs!

Anyway, after pressing the plastisol transfers, I use a cloth to wipe the transfer down for 15 seconds. Any longer than that, and it seems like the ink doesn't want to transfer properly. Any shorter and the design seems a bit "transparent".

Here's my question. Has anyone tried laying a cloth on the transfer and using a rolling pin to apply pressure after pressing the design on to the shirt? I just got back from the grocery store with one and I won't be pressing any shirts until tomorrow so I was hoping someone could provide a little insight into this method. It seems to be that this would be a great way to evenly distribute pressure onto the transfer before peeling but I thought I'd throw that out there and see if anyone had actually tried this before experimenting.

A rolling pin as a tool for making t-shirts? Why not! hahaha...

Thanks for listening and if you have any experience doing this or even just a suggestion, we'd love to hear it!

Sincerely,

Chris
Aeon T-Shirts & Apparel
http://www.aeontees.com

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it worked like a charm!

Just another way we can make sure the ink sticks to the garment. Just thought I'd put that out there.

Peace,

Chris
Aeon T-Shirts & Apparel

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yogurt said:
How do you sale your shirts so cheap?
Well, we buy everything in bulk and do all the work in house, so it doesn't cost us all that much per shirt. Besides that, we made a decision to sell shirts at the lowest possible price at first just to get the designs out there. So far it appears to be working.

We would like to raise the prices a little bit once we get more established, but even then we'd only look to increase the prices by a dollar or two.

Take care,
Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts