T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a small shop and would very much like a DTG but cost is a big problem and most importantly the time that people invest fixing problems is something I just cant spend. Can I buy a epson 4800 and just change ink and print on transfer paper to apply with heat press. I am not married to the DTG just the possibilities on the custom single or very small run stuff. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Any inkjet will print inkjet transfers. Pigment ink works best. The quality won't compete with good DTG with white, but I don't think I have ever had a customer ask me how I printed that, whether silk screen, transfer or vinyl. God Bless.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have done ink jet transfers and the quality is not very good also they need to be cut to get clean lines on outside of image. I understand that the new transfer paper is getting better thus giving a better image. I have done silksreened transfers that sometimes tend to look rubbery. I was wondering if the ink for direct to garment could be used on paper that silkscreener used to make transfers. So just the image is inked on the release paper.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Have you looked at JPSS (Jet Pro Soft Stretch) paper for lights. It is absolutely amazing. Do some research on here and you will find lots of positive results for it. You could do that and stock blank shirts and premade plastisol transfers from somewhere like ProWorld and have a real good selection without a huge investment. Pigmented inks will give you good washability with the transfers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts