T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered a used rjet 5 for £3500 it looks to be in good working order. Is that a good price for one of these?

·
Registered
648 Posts
If it's just the printer then not a bad price providing it's in good working order, if it's been sat there idle doing nothing then you'll need to give it a good going over.

Worst case scenario would be that you need new dampers, print head and capping station which could set you back £1500 min for parts and labour

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently it's been in storage for 6 months but all the lines have been filled with cleaning solution. He said it would probably just need a couple of power flushes to sort it out. Does that sound right?

Comes with original software and dongle and a bunch of pre treatment stuff. Sounds reasonable to me but I understand the learning curve on these things is steep and I'm not qualified to make a decision on it just needing a few power flushes to sort it out.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've seen one on Ebay for sale which has the same description so I'd assume it may be the same one. In all honesty it'll be pot luck but the likelihood is that it will need all those parts - even so if it's the printer, boxes, pre treat etc then getting it refurbed and paying about £5k in all would be a good deal.

But if you're buying it blind then I would advise getting some training from Resolute on it as DTG can be a learning curve and if you don't know how to do the regular maintenance then you could be pulling your hair out over simple fixes sooner rather than later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts