T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Re: Peace Out Girl

Yeah I like it...just girls clothes I guess?

How did you search if it was trademarked...did you just use the USPTO website?
Yup, the USPTO web site. Didn't Google it to see if anyone was using it and not trademarking it. I figured that already had been done.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Dashes in domain names can work, but people tend to forget them. If you can get the domain name without the dashes, that is what I would recommend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What would be the proper domain for this would it be peaceoutgirl.com or peace-out-girl.com......

I would personally advise against using dashes in your domain and opt toward adding another word to the end of the name if you can't get the exact dot com. For instance peaceoutgirlbrand.com, peaceoutgirlshop.com, etc.

In addition, I did notice there is a website "PeaceOutGirlScout.com", which is planning on selling girl scout items. And "Peace Out Girl Scout" is a fairly popular phrase so it is probably worth having a trademark attorney do a full search for conflicting names. Your name is close enough that simply by "scout" not being at the end of your name does not necessarily mean that you would not possibly conflict with another similar name like "Peace Out Girl Scout". This is why you should check with a trademark/intellectual property attorney on this one.

That being said I do like the name.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes i google peace out girl and peace out girl scouts came up.I think as long as i dont use scout im ok but i will check with a property attorney just to make sure..Also i check for domain and i was surprise peaceoutgirl.com was available and i register it already.I really like the name sounds good my daughter came up with the name she is 9 yrs old.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts