T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Everyone,

As with many noobies on this forum, I have aspirations to starting my own at home t shirt printing biz. However, I have a few setbacks that will only allow me to do so much. I have read a lot of threads on this forum and have soaked up a ton of knowledge from you pros, and am very grateful for all the info that you guys are willing to share.

Here is my problem:

I am looking for a heat press that is cheap, but gets the job done. I have been looking into this homemade company called "monkey press". I am not sure if it is the right way to go, but hell....its definitely the right price. I stumbled upon them while doing an ebay search for heat presses and they seem to have 100% feedback.

My fulltime job is designing websites, but I need to make the leap off on my own. I figure the best way is to start small, build some capital, and then upgrade as I go. Can you guys tell me if the heat press listed above seems legit?

I have a lot of high detailed designs so I pretty much ruled out screenprinting due to my budget and time constraints.

Also, can anyone also recommend a good epson printer model for printing high graphic designs for t-shirt printing?

Thanks a lot in advance!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Noobie Feedback

Since the link I posted got removed, I will just put the stats of the heatnig press here. Is there more that I should be looking into before making a purchase?

----------------------------------------------
1500 Watts of Shirt Pressing Power!
Aaargh! Aaarrrgh! Aaarggh!!!

Teflon Coated Heat Platen!
Easy To Keep Clean!

10" x 15" Contoured Padded Pressing Area!
No Wasted Space!

Digital Timer!
Know When To Say When!

Adjustable Temperature up to 400 Degrees!
Flexibility To Meet Your Needs!

Color Instructions Included!
Get It Right The First Time!

Online Tech Support!
Visit Our Website For Help!
-----------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your advice guys. I was trying to rename the title after I posted this Rodney. Didn't know I couldnt edit the title.

Also, I figured since I was asking for feedback on the press....I might as well ask for the printer while I'm here.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW....thanks so much for the replies. I was about to waste $250 on this skillet.

I am in the process of doing research and writing out my business plan before I make any investments though. I want to shine away from outsourcing my transfers, since I have the "if you want it right, do it yourself" mentality.

Thanks again, I'll keep up with the research and the presses you recommended.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.