T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again everyone!, I am very close to buying a heat press and a mug press. I found this deal on ebay and I would love to know what you guys think of it.

This is a heat press

New 1515 Heat Press Transfer machine Tshirt 3Y warranty - (eBay.ca item 180298402414 end time 19-Oct-08 17:00:00 EDT)

and this is a mug press, I am hoping to have this shipping free when I buy it with the 15x15

Sublimation Mug Transfer Heat Press Start up Package - (eBay.ca item 150303608997 end time 20-Oct-08 20:17:00 EDT)

Thank you so much

· Registered
4,158 Posts
Hi again everyone!, I am very close to buying a heat press and a mug press. I found this deal on ebay and I would love to know what you guys think of it.

This is a heat press

New 1515 Heat Press Transfer machine Tshirt 3Y warranty - (eBay.ca item 180298402414 end time 19-Oct-08 17:00:00 EDT)

and this is a mug press, I am hoping to have this shipping free when I buy it with the 15x15

Sublimation Mug Transfer Heat Press Start up Package - (eBay.ca item 150303608997 end time 20-Oct-08 20:17:00 EDT)

Thank you so much
Junk, personal opinion. You buy cheap, you get cheap. I would rather wait till I have the funds to get unit that is a brand name with great warrenty. I have read too many horror stories about some of the units sold on Ebay. Lou

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you tell me which one would be a good one for me? The cheapest brand name 15x15 :)
o and also can you show me the cheapest brandname mug press. Thank you lou, My budget may be able to buy a quality press now.

Thanks

· Registered
928 Posts
Can you tell me which one would be a good one for me? The cheapest brand name 15x15 :)
o and also can you show me the cheapest brandname mug press. Thank you lou, My budget may be able to buy a quality press now.

Thanks
I have a Hix Swingman 15x15, it was about 690 something at Coastal Business, I think they still offer free shipping.
Don't know if it is the cheaper, but it is good, brand name.

As for a mug press, you could use a convection oven, or even a toaster oven, and wraps for your mugs.
It is way cheaper, and you can transfer more than one mug at the time. Depending of the size of the oven.
Good luck

· Registered
7 Posts
Since this guy's located in my city, I went right to his shop to pick it up. I watched a demonstration, and thought it worked fine. Mind you, this is my first heat press and plotter/cutter. I didn't really know what to expect, but it did do the trick. It also comes with a one year warranty. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, so I can't really tell you from my own personal experience. I've got a few embroidery orders on the go, but as soon as I'm done, I'll set it up and see.
Really, I was just tired of subbing out my print work, and thought I could make a couple of bucks on the side. I wasn't really looking for top of the line equipment, because it's not the main part of my business. If it were, I'd probably go with the better quality stuff.

· Registered
4,158 Posts

Thanks
Marcelo is correct on the wraps. Check out Coastal for those. I know they sell them. If you do a big business later then maybe getting a mug press may be a good idea. But untill you see what your business is doing it may help with your budget. When someone ask me for cheapest brand name then I need to tell them I never use the word cheap.. but least expensive. Check these sites
Coastal Business
Ace transfer Co.
Alpha Supply
Best Blanks
Imprintables
I use the Mighty Press 15 x 15 and it has always done the job. Lou

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.