T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all...this is my first post. Awesome forum, extremely helpful!!

So, I found a guy locally who is trying to sell a 15X15 Mighty Press in new condition for $550. Just wondering what your thoughts are on this price... Should I hold out and look for a better deal or snatch this one up? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You may get a better deal purchasing a bulk package. Presses are sometimes tossed in at a very minor charge on package deals, which may be why this person is selling their's (bought a cutter package that included the press, but they may have already had one).
I think my mom got a mighty press either for free, or for $100 when she bought like $500 worth of transfers from Proworld aeon's ago (1996). So... If you have all the equipment you need except for the heat press, it's probably not a bad deal, but if you're planning on piecing together an operation, I'd see what kind of packages are available.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I think you're right, that price is a bit high! I just saw a new one going for $659. And to tell you the truth I'd rather have a 16x20 press, so I think I'll hold out until I find the one that's right for me. Just getting a little antsy! Thanks again for the reply...I'll look around for one of those package deals you're talking about.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just in case anyone is interested, I ended up finding a mighty press 15x15 for $300. It's not in perfect shape, but it looks decent...and it's not digital. It's got the old school analog thermometer. I'm actually about to test it out tonight for the first time because I just finally got my printer in the mail. Well, wish me luck.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Just in case anyone is interested, I ended up finding a mighty press 15x15 for $300. It's not in perfect shape, but it looks decent...and it's not digital. It's got the old school analog thermometer. I'm actually about to test it out tonight for the first time because I just finally got my printer in the mail. Well, wish me luck.
I like the old school stuff, less to brake and have to be fixed. my hix is a great old school machine and will work circles arounf my digital hotronix.Congrats on find a deal on a press ... JB

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Coeds! That's really good to hear. I was afraid I should've held out for the digital. I'm pretty happy with my purchase. Haven't even used it yet though. Just got done setting up my printer. But oh man, am I excited...:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts