T-Shirt Forums banner

Is this a Brand ?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  T-BOT 
#1 ·
hey guys, came across this site and i like it (basketball related), they sell music, t-shirts, footware and stuff.

I looked thru the site and I cant figure out if its a brand or a Basketball player's site or what.

If it is a Brand.... wow, i like that.
Can someone help me out here ? :confused:

here is the site: http://www.and1.com/index2.php

#2 ·
T-BOT said:
hey guys, came across this site and i like it (basketball related), they sell music, t-shirts, footware and stuff.

I looked thru the site and I cant figure out if its a brand or a Basketball player's site or what.

If it is a Brand.... wow, i like that.
Can someone help me out here ? :confused:

here is the site: http://www.and1.com/index2.php

Yes, And1 is a brand... they've been around for several years now...

#9 ·
And1 Has Had Much Sucess With Clothing Because They Started As A Streetball Gruop. They Had Only About 7 Members, All Excellent Basketball Players That Learned To Play In The Streets. They Would Go On Tour To The Best Streetball Playgrounds In The U.S. Like Rucker NY Park & Venice Beach CA And Challenge The Best At That Court. Then They Would Video Tape Every Game, Some Wins Some Looses. Then They Would Make A Mix Tape Of All Of The Hilights, Fancies Passes, Best Dunks, Best Jukes, And "Ankle Breakers".

After Their First Couple Of Mixtapes They Became Huge And Started Adding Players That Would Stand Out At Their Games. Wich Meant That Anyone With Streetball Skills Had The Chance To Make It "Big". One Time A Guy That Went By The Name Of HotSauce Played And Stood Out Huge. He Became A Member Of And1 And Soon After That The Main Attraction. He Soon Began Making Money And Getting Fame, Therefore By Mixtape 6 Or 7 (Can't Remember Wich One.) He Asked For More Money Wich And1 Denied Him So He Left. And That Marked The Biggest Mistake Of And1, They Lost HotSauce And Many Fans Like Myself. Thereafter They Messed Up Even More By Adding Many New And "Skilless" Players.

HotSauce Then Went Off Making Comercials For Mountain Dew, And Even Went On To Playing A Key Role In A Hollywood Movie Called Crossover.
Watch The Trailer On YouTube.

One Of And1 Players Actually Made It To The NBA, His Name Is Rafer Alston AKA "Skip To My Lou".

And That's Why AND1 Sells Clothing Sucessfully, They Have An Active Background In Streetball.

P.S. I Was Going To Post A Link To A Video On Youtube To Showcase HotSauce's Skills, But Couldn't Find A Decent Video On Youtube. I Will Upload One Myself And Post The Link Here Soon.

#10 ·
and a pretty influential brand at that!
you want to talk about "grass roots", "guerilla" or "street marketing"..and1 is a model case.
seth berger, one of the founders of the company is a wharton business grad (maybe that helped, who knows)

and1 grew by literally getting right in front of their target market - they literally hit the streets and appealed to the urban crowd.

i read an interesting article in the new york times recently about the owners of and1 and how they grew their empire.

i'll see if can locate it online.

#11 ·
Thanks for the background on And1! Very interesting to hear inspiring success stories like that... we also use guerilla marketing techniques and it's been successful so far...

Thanks again!

j

BluePhantom said:
And1 Has Had Much Sucess With Clothing Because They Started As A Streetball Gruop. They Had Only About 7 Members, All Excellent Basketball Players That Learned To Play In The Streets. They Would Go On Tour To The Best Streetball Playgrounds In The U.S. Like Rucker NY Park & Venice Beach CA And Challenge The Best At That Court. Then They Would Video Tape Every Game, Some Wins Some Looses. Then They Would Make A Mix Tape Of All Of The Hilights, Fancies Passes, Best Dunks, Best Jukes, And "Ankle Breakers".

After Their First Couple Of Mixtapes They Became Huge And Started Adding Players That Would Stand Out At Their Games. Wich Meant That Anyone With Streetball Skills Had The Chance To Make It "Big". One Time A Guy That Went By The Name Of HotSauce Played And Stood Out Huge. He Became A Member Of And1 And Soon After That The Main Attraction. He Soon Began Making Money And Getting Fame, Therefore By Mixtape 6 Or 7 (Can't Remember Wich One.) He Asked For More Money Wich And1 Denied Him So He Left. And That Marked The Biggest Mistake Of And1, They Lost HotSauce And Many Fans Like Myself. Thereafter They Messed Up Even More By Adding Many New And "Skilless" Players.

HotSauce Then Went Off Making Comercials For Mountain Dew, And Even Went On To Playing A Key Role In A Hollywood Movie Called Crossover.
Watch The Trailer On YouTube.

One Of And1 Players Actually Made It To The NBA, His Name Is Rafer Alston AKA "Skip To My Lou".

And That's Why AND1 Sells Clothing Sucessfully, They Have An Active Background In Streetball.

P.S. I Was Going To Post A Link To A Video On Youtube To Showcase HotSauce's Skills, But Couldn't Find A Decent Video On Youtube. I Will Upload One Myself And Post The Link Here Soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.