T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not a screen Printer. I am an embroiderer that also does vinyl, transfers, rhinestones, sublimation etc.

I also do some fullfillment for others, and when screen printing is needed, I use Plastisol Transfers.

I have recently been presented with an opportunity to pick up a very large fullfillment account. HOWEVER, 70% of the business is currently screened print on t shirts. In trying to contract that part out, in this area at least, no one can promise the turnaround I need. This would prob be 1000-1500 pcs every 2 weeks.

While plastisol may be an answer, to this point I have not been satisfied with that due to bleeding from red shirts and camo shirts. We do a lot of vinyl, but this is several colors and the time would be prohibitive.

Am I missing anything here? Is there any other way to accomplish this. I hate turning it down, but I will not promise something I cannot do.

I am willing to buy more equipment, but would that work? Can you do the print vinyl in a time effective manner? Can DTG be used on quantites like this.. I have had a DTG in the past, but did not have the business to keep it.

If you have any ideas at all on this, I appreciate the help.

Arlene

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
1500 shirts in two weeks shouldn't be a big deal for even a small screen printer. Going into the slow season, I would be happy to have a job like that.
I doubt that printed vinyl would be cost effective given the time element.
Your plastisol transer provider should be able to use inks on the transfers that would minimize if not eliminate the bleeding. Direct screen printing would be much more cost effective than screen printing. God Bless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts