T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using plastisol ink. MY mesh i use is usally 110 for white on dark shirts and 156 with other colors on dark. everything is always so glossy and thick. I wish it would look my dull than anything. Is there something I need to put in my ink? (I am already using a reducer in my opaque colors)? What am I doing wrong???

· Registered
1,335 Posts
The gloss may be the result of overcuring. Higher mesh counts will lay down a smoother layer of ink. A thick ink layer will require more time or more heat to cure the full depth of the ink layer. You might try lowering your dryer temp and slowing the belt down a little. God Bless.

· Registered
207 Posts
Nazdar makes a dulling agent that is a powdery substance...I have used it several times....you'll need to weigh the additive, so a good scale is key. You can also try upping the mesh counts you are using..if you are going to p/f/p the white on a dark shirt, there is no reason to use a 110 mesh. One pass of the squeegee either way. Try using a 180 to p/f/p the white and try using 180 or 230 mesh for the light shirts. ALot of times gloss is a product of too much ink and too much heat. But some inks are glossier than others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.