T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I recently purchased a slightly used hat press for my business. I have a retail infant and childrens clothing store. However the press (I can't see a brand on it) is designed for adult hats. Is there a universal adapter that I could use to press infant and toddler hats? Or should I look into having one fabricated. Are there presses designed just for kids?
All of your responses would be appreciated:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What brand of press do you have? Most cap presses have additional platens available.
I''m not sure what brand it is. I don't believe the platen comes off. There are 4 screws on the bottom that hold the bottom and feet on. I removed them to find where the platen attaches in very close to the wires making it impossible to even attempt to remove it. I guess I'm out of luck. It works great for adult and youth hats but very difficult to hold the infant and toddler tight enough without moving the transfer while pressing. The only option would be a type of adapter that would fit over the top of the platen. I snapped a couple pics- if I can figure out how to download them.
Thanks again for all the response!
Jill

Attachments

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
if your current platen doesn't come off theres gonna be no way to change it out that I know of.

On my mighty cap press I can just pull the cap platen size I am using off and put a different one on. Which I had to do for two different style of caps.

Good Luck
Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts