T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there was someone that has access to Print-a-press screens that would make the screen for me and send it to me. I would send vortex file, and someone could order the Print-a-press screen, apply my image, then mail it to me. I could pay $25 for this service, plus the cost of the screen and shipping and handling plus 10%. Any ideas?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would you consider doing it, if I mailed you the screen and emailed you the file? I would pay you $20 each time. This is a one color. Looks simple. I just dont have darkroom setup yet or printer. What city are you in?

· Registered
27 Posts
I found one place in my city that would do it, and they charged $15 or $20 per screen, and I had to supply the screen.

They were very unreliable, and treated me like I was a bother. So I built a unit, joined this forum and started exposing my own!

I hope you have better luck than I did. I would have been happy to keep paying those guys to expose my screens if they weren't so rude.

· Registered
2,152 Posts
You might want to keep in mind that most printers get 15-20 dollars for their screens, and then make money doing artwork and printing on top of that for the bother of dealing with one customer--they are doing a favor if they deal with you, use your screen and cycle it for that much money. Not sure if they ran a positive for you as well, but if they did, you got a very good deal, assuming they did it properly.

· Registered
1,311 Posts
I am confused you have had multiple offers to do this work. And you are starting several threads. Explaining what issues you had with previous offers might help other decide if they can help you. Right now it seems like you are phishing.

· Registered
8,374 Posts
I have offered this several times and had 1 or 2 takers but most the time a lot of phishing. I even had a guy send artwork agree to pay soon as I sent pic of finished screen and then never send payment. Secondly the print a press you have to have screens registered from what I understand so multi color jobs have to have perfect registration unless there is some type of frame that goes around the screen allowing adjustment like some of the line press setups

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.