T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm new and this might sound funny: is there a reason that I couldn't purchase Eddie Bauer or Land's End tee shirts and screenprint on them. As long as I don't use their name or logo in any way on my website?

Alicia

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
It doesn't sound practical, but if you want to do it it's perfectly legal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Solmu. I told you it might sound funny! Here's my problem: my market is high end and these women won't purchase tee shirts that aren't Eddie Bauer/Land's End/LL Bean type quality. I've done informal surveys and heard it over and over.

So, if my goal is to price my tees high and offer a super quality tee -- what would you suggest?

So far, I haven't been happy w/ Hanes, Anvil etc.

Thank you for any feedback!

Alicia

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Alicia said:
I told you it might sound funny!
A little, but there's nothing wrong with that :)

Alicia said:
So, if my goal is to price my tees high and offer a super quality tee -- what would you suggest?

So far, I haven't been happy w/ Hanes, Anvil etc.
Unfortunately there is a gap between the high end market, and what is readily available from wholesalers at a good price.

The common suggestion is to first try the better t-shirt brands (Bella, American Apparel, Alternative Apparel, Royal Apparel, Continental Clothing, etc.), and then if you're not happy with them, try custom manufacture.

There are much better options than Hanes and Anvil out there, but they're still not in line with boutique brands, so they still may not meet your needs (try those first though, as they're readily available at a relatively cheap price).

Custom manufacture is tricky, as the minimums, knowledge required, etc. often make it prohibitive.

If the garments you are interested in contain an RN you can find out who manufactures them and contact them directly. It's possible that they'd be willing to sell you something similar at wholesale prices (they may not, or they may require higher minimums than you are prepared to meet, but it's worth a try).

Failing all of that, obviously you'll want to try and get the best prices on the garments you can (rather than paying straight retail), but if buying those, embelishing them and selling them works for your business, you should go for it. It doesn't really matter if it seems strange if it's also profitable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts