T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I would like to offer girls/ladies headbands for the lacrosse teams that I supply uniforms for. My daughter tells me that because the weight/forces that the goggles put on the headbands, a sticky material on the inside is a must to keep everything in place.

UnderArmour seems to have a sticky/grippy vinyl or something on the inside. I have seen people apply hot glue and let it dry which leaves a silicone-like finish. I also noticed that you (Stahls) sell a Thermo Adhesive for applying patches/etc.

Do you think Thermo Adhesive applied on the inside of the headbands would leave a silicone-like residue? Do you have a rough or sticky heat applied vinyl that you think would work in a similar fashion? The glitter vinyl has a strong texture and would probably hold but would likely leave glitter in the girls hair - and may damage their hair. It seems like too much work to spread heat glue around each one if I am doing up to 100.

Thank you,
Keith

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Hi,
I would like to offer girls/ladies headbands for the lacrosse teams that I supply uniforms for. My daughter tells me that because the weight/forces that the goggles put on the headbands, a sticky material on the inside is a must to keep everything in place.

UnderArmour seems to have a sticky/grippy vinyl or something on the inside. I have seen people apply hot glue and let it dry which leaves a silicone-like finish. I also noticed that you (Stahls) sell a Thermo Adhesive for applying patches/etc.

Do you think Thermo Adhesive applied on the inside of the headbands would leave a silicone-like residue? Do you have a rough or sticky heat applied vinyl that you think would work in a similar fashion? The glitter vinyl has a strong texture and would probably hold but would likely leave glitter in the girls hair - and may damage their hair. It seems like too much work to spread heat glue around each one if I am doing up to 100.

Thank you,
Keith
You are looking for something to prevent the headbands from slipping?

I am not certain what would work for that application. We can send you samples of our different vinyls to try, however. Just give us a call and we will be able to help you out.

Thank you,

Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.