T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new US cutter came with the SignBlazer software. As this is my first vinyl cutter, I find the software very confusing. I just need a software that is simple -- almost similar to Microsoft word. I'm cutting mostly text, not a lot of images. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well I don't have Signblazer or a U.S. cutter.I started out with Corel and have since switched to Illy I have found Illy easier to work with for text.I use a Roland and use it's plugin for Illy,which makes it all very easy.Does the U.S. cutter offer a plugin?

Curtis

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Shawna, I suggest you look at Fexi, I have heard signblazer is very confusing software. I think you may find a answer on the uscutter forum. I hope this helps. .... JB

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Flexi is great software and tons of ppl sell used legal copies
Signs 101 good site but some jerks there so watch your back

·
Registered
462 Posts
Flexi Starter seems more simplistic than SignBlazer, and if you are doing mainly text, that is what I would suggest.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I use cocut pro and it works really great, very easy to use and has alot of great functions.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
My distributor for sign material and ect runs good deals on Flexi some times iI would give him a shout

Supplies unlimited in Massachusettes

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I myself bought my cocut from digital art solutions. I have several other products from them, since I liked the other products I figured I would try it. Its really nice as it seperates color in the designs really easy and lets you choose the order to cut them. It also has a slight overlap feature for heat press vinyl so that when you press, and the vinyl shrinks a little, the overlap works well to make nice fit lines.

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
I myself bought my cocut from digital art solutions. I have several other products from them, since I liked the other products I figured I would try it. Its really nice as it seperates color in the designs really easy and lets you choose the order to cut them. It also has a slight overlap feature for heat press vinyl so that when you press, and the vinyl shrinks a little, the overlap works well to make nice fit lines.
That sounds like a cool feature to have. The overlapping to compensate for shrinkage, I will have to check that out. I have been doing that manually with LXI and cut studio . ... JB

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Yea Jb when I seen it at the last long beach show, that was one of the features that sold me on it :) I read so many posts about this problem before I bought my graphtec, that when I seen it, I was like Yep that is what I need haha. What is cool is that you also have control of exactly how much of an overlap you want also. So depending on the particular vinyl and how much it shrinks, you can adjust the overlap to compensate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts