T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am just wanting to do transfers, rhinestone on t-shirts and mousepads. A few extra dollars on the side. Maybe some shows also because I sell jewely and embroidery items also. Should I move up to a better machine or is this one good enough for a small usage?

this is a transpro 15 x 15
Features:

• Prints ALL types of heat transfers (including computer generated transfers) and lettering materials
  • Designed for maximum pressure
  • Automatic reset digital timer
  • Digital temperature control
  • More heating element
  • Scratch-resistant, baked-on powder coat finish
  • Heavy duty silicone rubber base pad
  • Easy to set pressure control

· Registered
1,027 Posts
Agree with Solo. Last thing you need is to have a great press and then it's too small for what you want to do. I went 16 x 20 with the thought that I "may" need it some day. It costs less than buying a new press just to get a bigger one. Cost is one thing but if you can, go larger.

· Registered
1,027 Posts
I was able to get my DK-20 16x20 auto open as a show demo at a great price. A workhorse for me. Only thing is that, at high pressure, when it opens that sucker shakes the whole house. lol

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks to everyone for the words of wisdom. I am wanting to keeping my machine cost down and this one seems to be my best choice. I will only be applying rhinestone decals and want something portable. A little more research then purchase. I love this site. :D

· Registered
9 Posts
Thanks to everyone for the words of wisdom. I am wanting to keeping my machine cost down and this one seems to be my best choice. I will only be applying rhinestone decals and want something portable. A little more research then purchase. I love this site. :D
Hi all! I hope I can get a response. I am thinking of purchasing the same heat press discussed here. I wanted to know if this machine (if any of that matter) can press plastic materials on to shirts? And If I wanted to put both plastic and graphics, would they have to be pressed separately or can be done together?

Thanks a bunch to anyone helping out a fellow citizen!

· Registered
10,809 Posts
The heat press can apply any material that is designed for application by a machine of this type. I am not familiar with a plastic material that can be applied to a fabric. Can you please provide some details?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.