T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a C86 and it worked great with a bulk ink system and Magic Mix.

My bulk ink system crapped out and I figure since the C86 is discontinued I would upgrade to a current production printer and bulk ink system to match.

Is the C88 pretty much a direct replacement??

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Epson is known for replacing models frequently (I am an ex Epson Demo rep) They may make a slight improvement or change the inks so they change the numbers. The c88 and now the c88+ (Faster than the c88) use Durabright Ultra inks now. And yes they take the place of the c86. However your bulk ink system may not work due to the configuration of the ink holder. This I am sorry to say I can't answer for you. Lou

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just purchased the C88+ and a CIS to install. Haven't put it in yet because I am still waiting for the ink (Due in a day or two). I measured the system and I can't see any reason why it won't fit. Installation pictures show it working OK. The physical arrangement on the C88+ is almost identical to the C86 pictures. I'll let you know in a few days how it works.

Jim

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the C86 ink system wont work in the C88 because I looked into it when my first C86 crapped out. I have to buy both a printer and a CIS and I know they offer them for the 88.

I just want to make sure that the C88 will perform comperable to the C86.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts