T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Summa T750. I was working fine on my laptop with Windows 8 until I updated my computer and it installed 8.1. When I open Summa Cutter Tools and try to do anything that would manipulate the plotter the computer would freeze up and the computer would give me the "blue screen of death" and restart. I thought that maybe my usb to serial cable drivers needed updating but when I did that same issue so I figure that Cutter Tools was not compatible. I updated firmware as suggested and still same result. Freeze and "blue screen of death". Its killin' me I need my plotter!!! Does anyone have the same issue I am having??

Thanks for listening ...er reading.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Acme,

I know this post is a bit old, but I thought others may have a similar question for Windows 8.1 and now Windows 10 compatibility with our cutter tools.

We have released an updated version of our cutter tools(revision 2.3) which can be downloaded here - https://www.summausa.com/support/?tab=2&prod=SummaCut. The cutter tools include a CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator plug-in that will allow you to easily apply registration marks and also output cut files to Winplot or MacSign.

I hope this information is useful for anyone who may be having compatibility issues.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SummaPhil,

Sorry for my late reply and a bunch of thank you's for your post and information!!! 8.1 was real finicky with a lot of my equipment and software. When I ditched the desktop and started using my laptop that had Windows 8.0 I had to purchase a converter cable (a usb to serial port for my laptop computer). When my laptop did an automatic update from 8.0 to 8.1 my laptop would not communicate with my plotter. I called the "summa guys" thinking it was a plotter issue and they were super helpful. The gentleman I spoke with concluded that it was my converter cable and he suggested which one to purchase. I was reluctant because the converter cable I had was only a few months old but that was the only solution so I purchased a different one and it started to work with 8.1. When Windows 10 came about I was scared to upgrade but 8.1 was still not 100% friendly and I continued to get the "blue screen of death". I upgraded to Windows 10 and my Summa Plotter is still working and communicating just fine. I will definitely use your link to download the updated version.

Thanks again, SummaPhil!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.