T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried, got a non answer, but it was more enlightening than your response, thanks

They have a department that does decorating services like applying transfers, I'll call them tomorrow...

· Registered
5 Posts
On page 19 of the little 20 page Digital Decorator insert it clearly says "Let us DTG it" but I find no references on their web site.
Liberty, thank you so much for inquiring about DTG services. I'm sorry that you did not get the information you were looking for. I've sent you a PM to follow up.

Stahls’ ID does now offer DTG services as a part of our Digital Decorating Service. As this is a very new offering for us, we have not yet added this information to the website. If you are interested in further information, please contact customer service at 1-800-4STAHLS, and ask to speak with a Custom representative.

· Registered
8,371 Posts
OMG!
Jodi, I want to be nice for your first post but~
What a news! It is bad. Has nothing to do with me but I need Pepto bismol.
It will be same as AA runs printing shop! Compete with own customers.:(
Majority of Sthal heat press users are digital printers. Big boy like them are jump in to printing service? I see the grown man stick his fingers, no whole fist into kids mouth and try take candy out of her. :mad:
Not too late! Stop please. I may will give you part of money you want to make for no condition. Did you see Apple makes plastic phone cover? does GM makes car polish? Does goverment runs super market? Direct or indirect way you will take away Tsf dtg members business. I want to say shame on you but I will not. I hope not many digital shirts printer will refuse to buy your products.
Cheers! You need beer money too? Come and get it. Those are on me always.
Peter,Peter, Peter big mouth! I just can't pass something is not right.
Can I have money back for all the presses I have in stock? I just check my inventory we have 29ea.

· Registered
149 Posts
I think one point Peter was trying to make is that many DTG owners also own/use a Stahls heat press, which is prob very true. Is that the majority of Stahls heat press customers, no. But still, it is a grey area of selling heat presses and than going into the DTG business which will be directly competing against contract digital garment printers. I wounder what many of the current contract printers will think of this?

· Registered
8,371 Posts
Sorry Peter but I do not believe that.....IMO most Stahls clients have nothing more that a heat press....Some might have a plotter and/or inkjet printer but I suspect they are very much a minority....
Let say if it is not majority(until somebody study no one can say it but sthal)then are you agree digital printers are still their customers? If so they will not hurt someone who spend money to them?
Another words you do not need Pepto Bismol. Huh. You have good stomach. I ate anything and digest all when I was trained for Vietnam war. Maggot, bugs, wood skin, snake was treat but they Never feed us candies from kids mouth. They know Rangers cannot digest that.
Cheers! Jim beam are on me! We pure these to cool down And drank.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hi Peter - I’d like calm your fears. We at Stahls’ are not taking business away from our dealers. We have absolutely no plans to offer decorating services to end consumers. Our Digital Decorating Center was opened to help dealers during their busiest times. I’m sure you’ve found yourself swamped by orders with no time to decorate. That’s where we come in. You can send us your artwork along with the item you wish to decorate and we’ll create your full color CAD-PRINTZ™ Digital Transfer and then heat press it on the item before sending it back to you. If you have something with super fine detail or you’d like a softer hand than what CAD-PRINTZ™ can provide, our custom reps will offer the DTG service as an alternative.

It’s just another way for us to help you and all TSF members continue to be successful decorators. If you have any more questions about our services or pricing, please feel free to send me a PM or call and speak with any of our wonderful custom service reps at 800.478.2457. Thanks!

· Registered
8,371 Posts
Hi Peter - I’d like calm your fears. We at Stahls’ are not taking business away from our dealers. We have absolutely no plans to offer decorating services to end consumers. Our Digital Decorating Center was opened to help dealers during their busiest times. I’m sure you’ve found yourself swamped by orders with no time to decorate. That’s where we come in. You can send us your artwork along with the item you wish to decorate and we’ll create your full color CAD-PRINTZ™ Digital Transfer and then heat press it on the item before sending it back to you. If you have something with super fine detail or you’d like a softer hand than what CAD-PRINTZ™ can provide, our custom reps will offer the DTG service as an alternative.

It’s just another way for us to help you and all TSF members continue to be successful decorators. If you have any more questions about our services or pricing, please feel free to send me a PM or call and speak with any of our wonderful custom service reps at 800.478.2457. Thanks!
It is funny that you use word fears! Extreamly funny! Especially to Peter? Lol.
You don't know me well yet.:). My master thought me "strong to stronger weak to weaker" I live by this whole my life.
No time to print(deco)? No desire to print is big different. I respect people who spend $1 to me while you do not. What's so hard to understand? My English again?:mad: I need translator here.
So many digital printer are looking for jobs to print. You are not helping here. Can't it be easier to understand? What is your education level? Even element school diploma holder can understand me.
End user? Define this. Most digital printers customer are resellers. They order to resell to retail or contacts.
Even though you define them it is wrong. Wrong can not be right any which way put together. You have enough for not to disturb small businesses here. Talk to Mike. Wrong plan.:mad:
What am I gain? Nutting but save money on Pepto Bismol.
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

· Registered
8,371 Posts
I smell whoever thanks to your post has something to do direct or indirect. Same category.:D so easy to define families. Lone some dove, my debate will never ends. I do believe myself on left or right. Leave them alone. I need whole bottle f Pepto when i hear you charge xxx while small businesses are charging xxx. You have purchase power much greater than most here.

· Registered
8,371 Posts
Cubedecible! Thank you for your support. I thought i am lone some dove. I hope we raise voice to change their course. They are already rich,need more to be richer. Nothing wrong with it as long as they will not take candy out of kids mouth and never compete with who spent money to them. There was the guy who owns 99 horses but he still wants neighbors 1 horse to make it 100. Instead give mate to make ponies. I will because it is fundamental Condition of be as human being.
Cheers! Beers are on me always

· Registered
8,371 Posts
Perhaps we are seeing the end product of the flurry of Stahl's activity in the Belquette booth at SGIA. Time will tell.
I don't see any wrong picture there. We can buy guns all day long. How and where to use is the problem I see by owner. Gun point to who help you to stay in business or gun point to protect our friends and customers.
AA never print one shirts for money and never will. I will die by hunger rather than gun point to friends.

· Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, talk about hijacking a thread... all this talk of eating bugs in the Nam and who is pointing guns at who... seriously?

Look at it this way Peter. We've been in this trade for over 20 years. And at every juncture where we felt the need to take the plunge and expand our service offerings, we have ALWAYS contracted out those services first. IF after a period of time it looks like a profitable market segment that we want to bring in house, THEN we go out and buy the equipment, hire the operators etc.

We did the same thing 20 years ago with Stahls, we bought custom cuts (I think that's what they called it.) After a while we added our own plotter and all I buy from Stahls is roll goods. Same with kiss cut appliques, now we have our own laser and do our own digitizing. Same thing with embroidery, contracted it out, then bought one machine then more. And we still contract out some orders when it is better for us to do so.

Right now we want to venture into DTG. And once again I want to contract it out for a period of time before I spend the big bucks and hire another employee. My Rule #1, all contract service providers must be contract to the trade only. And I'm confident Stahls fits that requirement.

You know, you could have been proactive in helping your customers by offering up a few who do indeed provide contract only DTG services, now that would have been a positive thing to do.

But alas, I don't see where your little Pepto Bismol rant accomplished anything except to scratch AA off the list of potential suppliers if and when we do decide to buy. But hey, all the best to you and yours.

And thanks Jodi and Cara, I didn't mean for this to get weird, I just wanted to know if you were offering the services.

· Registered
1,311 Posts
People will prolly blast me for this but... Congrats to Stahls for building a biz that is successful enough to support this type of decision. I know they won't be able to reach into my local market and build the personal relationship that I can with my customers. To be able to offer this service to their press owners makes a lot of sense. It makes them a more well rounded operation. As a screen printer I would consider using this service if someone like ryonet were to offer it. I would encourage any Dtg apparel decorator that feels threatened by this to continue to reinvest in their own company, seek the most economical and efficient methods, and continue to to explore creative methods to expand their own markets and business.

In general I feel that taking an aggressive and negative tone in public forums does nothing to boost the reputations of the posters and that seems to be all I see when it comes to people posting responses to consumers asking questions seeking answers to legit questions. Personally it has kept me from even having the desire to research it and get into it. I don't like the feel and durability of digitally printed heat transfers and I don't like the Dtg technology as it stands now. Both will improve with time but for me, they still both look pretty cheap and feel bad. Is there money there, yes but there is also a lot of shady people doing shady ****.

Till that changes I will do what is good for my biz and what is good for my customer. Just like all of you should be doing instead of slinging all this political poop and undermining the generally positive and supportive nature of tsf.

My two cents, toss 'em in a well and make a wish.

· Registered
10,809 Posts
Mark and Mikel. I think you are ‘right on’.

Peter. I think you are missing the boat here. First, we are all in business to generate sales that make a profit that enables us to provide satisfactory incomes to ourselves and our families. It’s nice to be altruistic and try to convince others that the real motivation of being in business is to provide products and services to others just so they can satisfy their needs, before our own. I don’t think that Ted Stahl, or many of us, began our business with that goal in mind. Did you?

Sure, we also offer DTG printing to the trade, and we sell heat presses, custom and stock transfers, and a myriad of other products. Our main focus is to obtain sales by offering quality products, and unbeatable customer service. I’m sure that Stahl’s goals are similar.

As an example, many of us distributors offer Hotronix machines, yet we have to compete with their own company. Same for the stock transfer industry. There isn’t a day that goes by that one of our suppliers isn’t trying to convince our customers to buy from them rather than us. We just have to accept the fact that this industry, and probably others, play on the same field
Is it any different than Macy’s selling the Ralph Lauren brand and Ralph Lauren selling the same merchandise in both their stand alone retail and factory outlet stores? I don’t think so.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.