T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to start creating t-shirts from pictures have taken. The only thing is the screen printing company I have only uses vector designs. Are there any screen printing companies that are able to use raster? and would is even look good?

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
with raster images (i'm guessing photographic?) you can color separate with a couple of techniques or combinations depending on the design. most common is simulated process, 4c process or index.
i mostly do index, you can see samples of index work on my out dated blog (in my signature on this post)

The issue is finding a skilled print shop to do the work. I'm guessing the print shop you're currently dealing with only deals with vector because thats what they are accustomed to. maybe they are not the right print shop for the job you are wanting to do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I wouldn't think that screen print would be the ideal way to print photographic images. You may want to consider finding a dtg printer or heat press. We've invested in a screen printing equipment that can do more colors but I'd still consider a different approach if you are wanting to do real photographs.

But to answer general question, yes you can screen print raster images. Issues of size does come more into play because vector is based on math and can scale to whatever degree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.