T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I printed some shirts the other day, let them air dry for about 3 days, and then threw them in the dryer for 45 mins. Now, when I stretch the fabric at all, I hear a crackling noise and I see the white fabric appearing between cracks in the black ink.

I printed using 1 layer of black Sennelier Abstract Acrylics mixed 1/1 with Golden silkscreen medium. No fabric medium - I've never needed it with other prints.

I'm thinking that this is an issue with my black ink being too thick. From the photo I took through the loupe (see attachment), it looks as if the ink only saturated the warp and didn't make it down to the weft of the shirt (did I get that right?). An ink that is too thick could explain this (also could explain the rougher-than-normal hand of the print). Could screen meshcount also be relevant to this matter? Screen was 110 I believe.

These prints pass both the scratch and wash tests, so I don't think it is a problem with curing.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do at this point (e.g., more ironing, using a heat gun) to keep the remaining shirts uncracked and make them stretchable.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.