T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing 50 t-shirts - Gildan, I'm doubling the price on the t-shirt, i'm including the shipping in the cost.
i'm charging for 5 hrs of labor
Adding $15 extra for the transfers ( 1 color on the back of tee)
and adding $2 extra to each t-shirt after it's done. so each shirt will end up costing about $10.50
is that too high or low for 50 shirts?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in NJ which i think is a bit more expensive, i could be wrong and there's plenty of competition, except i'm working with the latino community so maybe that helps :) there aren't too many latinos doing this type of business. Not trying to rip anybody off just want to give a fair price

Sorry it's actually 60 t-shirts

Also, if you don't mind me asking at the price you mentioned, your making profit and the shirts plus a little more? to cover your costs?

I'm new at Heat press so the 5 hrs is questionable but i don't want to short myself.
to make only profit on the shirts i would be at $8.50 per shirt.

thanks man.

· Registered
7,155 Posts
Where in NJ? Are you saying, one color, front and one color back using a transfer? Is that a transfer you printed on an inkjet or a custom transfer?

If it's custom $10.50 would be okay because you're paying for screen charges, transfer, & shipping to you.

If you're using blank transfers you have to consider the size. 11x17 are more expensive.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, how bout if you guys had to redo the logo in Illustrator, you would ad that in the cost right?

and how the time to do the shirts, that also has to be included right?

I apreciate all you help, thanks everyone :)

· Registered
2,007 Posts
ok, how bout if you guys had to redo the logo in Illustrator, you would ad that in the cost right?

and how the time to do the shirts, that also has to be included right?

I apreciate all you help, thanks everyone :)
Just curious. Did you tell them up front there would be an artwork charge? If they were expecting to be billed just for the shirts & any screen charges then you lay an art charge on them they could be less than pleased.

· Registered
2,625 Posts
Our quote sheet states, in big bold letters: "Quote is based on artwork being submitted by (deadline) @ 5pm and meeting our artwork specifications. If artwork does not meet specifications for any reason, a separate invoice for an artwork fee will be presented for payment."

And when artwork comes in wrong, we just email them a PDF invoice for artwork. THAT invoice states "The original job is currently ON-HOLD due to artwork not meeting specification."

If anyone doesn't like it, I email them the phone numbers of 15 of my competitors.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just curious. Did you tell them up front there would be an artwork charge? If they were expecting to be billed just for the shirts & any screen charges then you lay an art charge on them they could be less than pleased.

No, i was including that in the labor, and if they asked me to break it down i would xplain to them what had to be done, but this still just an estimate, customer has not agreed to anything.
I like what the other user posted though, a separate invoice for artwork.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Our quote sheet states, in big bold letters: "Quote is based on artwork being submitted by (deadline) @ 5pm and meeting our artwork specifications. If artwork does not meet specifications for any reason, a separate invoice for an artwork fee will be presented for payment."

And when artwork comes in wrong, we just email them a PDF invoice for artwork. THAT invoice states "The original job is currently ON-HOLD due to artwork not meeting specification."

If anyone doesn't like it, I email them the phone numbers of 15 of my competitors.

I think i'm goint to do that too, i feel like i should get paid if i have to recreate artwork in the future.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.