T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new clothing line has launched and I am very happy with the product produced with it. Only problem is the designer feels it "should" be priced at a certain point and stick with it.

On the other hand I feel that the consumer speaks louder and should set the price points. Is $29.95 too high for this womens line and design style:

John William Jesse

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
Hey Garrett.
I think the site and designs look great. The shirts definitely seem up to retail fashion quality standards. Though in most cases, it's the retailer and not the designer that sets the price point. But $29.95 really is not an obscene price. So it's up to you if you want to be patient or make a change. It is important to listen to your target market. If you find that sales are slow then it's certainly possible that pricing is an issue.

With that said, price point is about more than just shirt quality and cool artwork. Justifying a certain price point is about branding, marketing, distribution, perceived value and retail power. So the question is, what are you doing to make people want to spend $29.95 on your shirts? As I'm sure you know, the market is very competitive. My advice would be to start modestly and grow from there.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
After checking out your designs I'd have to say they are no less than "killer" & considering the originality they're certainly not overpriced. Just be aware that these types of designs may only appeal to a select few as they're definitely not within the "norm" of what generally would appeal to the masses. Also, consider the fact that there aren't an abundance of women that would be able to wear them & look really good due to the form fit. The models are obviously outstanding but being a man, I wouldn't want to see the wrong body type in that style but I'm probably in the minority. Any woman showing skin will appeal to most men no matter how the garment may look on the wearer. I would definitely stick to target groups in areas that are more progressive, as the designs will have a greater appeal in Calif. or NY. Again, the designs are excellent & I doubt I'd be in too much of a hurry to charge less IMHO. Be Well!;)

·
Registered
216 Posts
WOW! Wish I were 25 years yonger and 25 years slimmer; I would definately wear those (sigggggghhhhh). Your desgins are fantastic. The website looks very professional. Nope, price is not too over the top; quite reasonable I think.

Kim

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for your input, it has really been helpful. We have decided to remove the online store (removes sales competition against our own retailers) and head more towards retail and bulk sales.

We are looking to sell to bulk retailers like Overstock and many fashionable boutiques. We have over 25 other designs ready to go, just need to increase sales.

Now the fun part is finding sales reps and so forth.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Based on the look of your site I'd guess your prices are right on or even a little low. You've done a great job of creating a high fashion look with your sites and your models and price is mainly about perception. If people believe your merchandise is high fashion and high quality, they'll be willing to pay a higher price for it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You can charge whatever you like! The website is well made and they look expensive and obviously you are targeting shoppers who are looking for these kinds of products i.e. expensive, stylish, and yet still convey messages. They are awesome and go for it. Can you get a better looking models? Just kidding ;)

You are on the right path and good luck on your journey!

Yes, good sales reps can do you good... are they going to wear your products when making the sales?

-- Olde Lady

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think your prices are very fair, almost too low. What market are you aiming for?
I see it as you are in the mid range and there is a lot of competition in the mid range market. Depending on the quality of your garment, you might be able to go for high end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts