T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took over a clothing brand from the previous owner who didn't have the time or funds to run it anymore. I am bringing the brand back to life basically but I was wondering if anybody thinks using 4 letters as the name is too long?

CMFA Clothing is the name. Creative Mind For Art.

Does it sound fine for everybody else?

· Registered
244 Posts
You seem obsessed about the name. What's the difference? Just focus on sales and marketing. You inherited the name, that's the way it went. Embrace it and move on.
Quite right.
It's the products that matter. :)
U got good products. U'll have the sales.
The name is just a name.

· Registered
12 Posts
I disagree with the "any name is okay" theory. What if Chik-fil-a had decided to call themselves "Dissected Chicken" or if Burger King went with "Dead Cow on a Bun" ??? If someone came up and said they wanted me to buy something from "Creative Mind For Art" and I had no ideas about the company, I might think they sell fine art, or picture frames, or they teach people how to be creative, or they judge art shows or some such thing. I think the name needs to include something about the business "****'s Sporting Goods," or "Pro Bass Shop" or "Captain D's Seafood" all conjure an image in the mind of exactly what is being sold. Unless CMFA became a "name brand" such as a Sears or WalMart or General Electric, then the name does not help. Notice the big name brands have short names... Wrangle, Nike, Addis, SanMar, Levis, etc and every one can be pronounced... who could pronounce CMFA? Would it be called "Simfah" or something? "Jerry's Tee Shirts" or "Mary's Embroidery" or "Cletus' Fancy Threads" or are probably better choices. Anyway, that's my input on the matter. Have fun!

· Registered
12 Posts
Too funny that the forum automatically put four asterisks in for Richard's nickname. I wasn't referring to a phallic male part... just the name of a company! This makes me want to type in a bunch of so-called "cuss" words and see what comes out!

· Registered
2,013 Posts
I disagree with the "any name is okay" theory. What if Chik-fil-a had decided to call themselves "Dissected Chicken" or if Burger King went with "Dead Cow on a Bun" ??? If someone came up and said they wanted me to buy something from "Creative Mind For Art" and I had no ideas about the company, I might think they sell fine art, or picture frames, or they teach people how to be creative, or they judge art shows or some such thing. I think the name needs to include something about the business "****'s Sporting Goods," or "Pro Bass Shop" or "Captain D's Seafood" all conjure an image in the mind of exactly what is being sold. Unless CMFA became a "name brand" such as a Sears or WalMart or General Electric, then the name does not help. Notice the big name brands have short names... Wrangle, Nike, Addis, SanMar, Levis, etc and every one can be pronounced... who could pronounce CMFA? Would it be called "Simfah" or something? "Jerry's Tee Shirts" or "Mary's Embroidery" or "Cletus' Fancy Threads" or are probably better choices. Anyway, that's my input on the matter. Have fun!
FCUK was huge in the UK.

Pronounced as the letters, not a word. Stood for French Connection UK.

A bad name will work against you, but the rest is down to marketing. Obviously FCUK had the advantage of looking like a curse word, which could have backfired terribly. But it didn't, it went ballistic.

Man.... Now you've got me craving a Dissected Chicken burger. They're my favorite. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.