T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I read it somewhere about it being a shelf life on ink. I know from dealing with regular printers leaving CMYK in the ciss causes issues. But what about cartridge ink? That is in the bag. Will it be safe to use? I am unsure about the actual date of this ink because it came with another printer that we have.

· Registered
5,872 Posts
I believe I read it somewhere about it being a shelf life on ink. I know from dealing with regular printers leaving CMYK in the ciss causes issues. But what about cartridge ink? That is in the bag. Will it be safe to use? I am unsure about the actual date of this ink because it came with another printer that we have.

Different ink manufacturers have different shelf lives for their individual inks. For instance, Epson F2000 inks have a 2 year shelf life while Dupont inks have a one year shelf life for CMYK inks. Some manufacturers only have a 6 month shelf life.

In my opinion, if you are not sure how old the ink is, especially if you got it with a used printer, it is not worth the risk using it. If it damages your printhead or other ink transportation parts your repair costs will far exceed any possible savings you may get using the old ink.

_

_

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.