T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to do a job for this shop. They have this logo on their website that he would like to make into a sign for his store door window. I pulled the jpeg from their website. It looks like a cartoon drawing with various colors & includes letters above the logo. (file attached)

It seems ideal for a vinyl printer, but I was hoping I could do it with my vinyl cutter (cut colors seperately). But I would need to convert the file to vector EPS to use with Signgo Lite software & MasterPro plotter.

Is converting it possible and worth doing on a cutter, or should I just pass on this and tell him to go to someone with a vinyl printer? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yes it could be converted. Go to Inkscape. Draw Freely. and download Inkscape (completely free) and play around with it, it has a trace feature that will convert it.

That particular drawing would be difficult to do so you may want to have a professional do it for you. There are people on this board that can do it, maybe post it in the classified section.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
i'm old school on mac side. i would use adobe streamline. but can't you ask your client about original artwork files? most artwork taken off web sites are lousy resolution jpegs. if this is an original logo whoever created it should have his/her files and it looks the like kind of logo that was produced by vector software like illustrator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello.
Thank YOU.

Inkscape worked. !.

Listen I would not recommend USCUTTER. I have wasted almost 3 weeks, missed an event and have had so much time and frustrations happen in an effort to send Text to a Laserpoint UScutter machine. My AI would not format over to an eps file.

I am so relieved, although I have only done one print thus far but the transfer into an eps was seemless.

THOSE guys KenImes and the UScutter Team must be so more into selling software then caring if their own customers have an ability to earn back money spent!. This is something they must have known and feel they must have been holding it back from me. It ludicrous and as much time as they spend on this forum drumming up business you would think that they would not have told me "we don't do support of eps files" . shameless companies, I will not recommend business with them.

I will post the entire story when I have time, but avoid their smoozing at all costs. They lost me money by not telling me what I needed to get things working.

its terrible.

thanks for the tip on this inkscape !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello.
Thank YOU.

Inkscape worked. !.

Listen I would not recommend USCUTTER. I have wasted almost 3 weeks, missed an event and have had so much time and frustrations happen in an effort to send Text to a Laserpoint UScutter machine. My AI would not format over to an eps file.

I am so relieved, although I have only done one print thus far but the transfer into an eps was seemless.

THOSE guys KenImes and the UScutter Team must be so more into selling software then caring if their own customers have an ability to earn back money spent!. This is something they must have known and feel they must have been holding it back from me. It ludicrous and as much time as they spend on this forum drumming up business you would think that they would not have told me "we don't do support of eps files" . shameless companies, I will not recommend business with them.

I will post the entire story when I have time, but avoid their smoozing at all costs. They lost me money by not telling me what I needed to get things working.

its terrible.

thanks for the tip on this inkscape !!

First off What software do you have running the cutter...Second all the cutting software i know of and have used which includes Signblazer,Signcut,signlab and flexi all support and cut eps files......

With that said just because something is in .eps format does not mean it's cuttable...I have a LP and have had nothing but great results with it or the people from us cutter......

Please don't take this wrong but you own inexperience of the use of a product really has nothing to do with the company that sold it to you.

If you need any help feel free to pm me and i'll help you to the best of my knowledge....

·
Registered
71 Posts
it is possible to convert it in vector.. but I don't think it worth making it in vinyl... Unless you have all the colors need for it... I think it is easier to digital print it and contour cut it.... How big do they need it?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.