T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say i had a image, with an assortment of colors in it. Is there a way to go into a mode and use the eye dropper and click on a color of my image and tell it to either take out every pixel( or whatever) that contains that color or to maybe just change every pixel of that color to another color? Doing all this without effecting any other part of the image ? I hope i wrote this so everyone understands...:p

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
If you're using Photoshop you can do this. Open your image, Select < Color Range. Use the eye dropper and adjust fuzziness to your liking. That's how I do it anyways but I'm sure there are more options as well.

Good luck.
color range works very well. you can also try using the wand tool and it's settings. I don't recall what the difference was exactly (i could be mistaken and there's no difference) but i think there's a difference in how those two functions work. One may do a better job on some colors then another (i think i was having issues with gray tones or some neutral colors and that's why i tried the wand instead)

·
Registered
80 Posts
I didnt do to well, any more info on how to pull this off?
In Photoshop: Image>Adjustment>Color Replace use the eyedroper to select the color that you want to change and move the sliders until desired effect is achieved. Now, of course, it all depends on the image and what you define as a color.

If what you are trying to do is delete the pixels containing that color, so the image is now transparent in those areas, the image has to be a floating layer first, then use Color range to select the color, then press Delete.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts