T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
so judging by these images am i able to heat press them or do they have to screen printed?

Would really like some feedback on this because i already have heat press equipment which was passed down but if i need to have these screened then i will have to mail them to a printer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey,

I don't think that t-shirt transfers would be the best option to get the most out of your designs.
To achieve your chosen look screen print or sublimation (on light garments) are definitely the way to go. Do you have a setup currently or are you planning to outsource...

--
Eze

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If im gonna go with screen then im going to outsource which is going to cost me quite a few bucks then i would hope to spend.

Would sublimation work on american apparel white shirts? Or do you mean soft as in polyester.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sublimation can only be done at best quality on garments with a high polyester base

60 percent poly and upwards basically. I think AA are all cotton and cotton and sub is a no go at the moment.

HTH

--
Eze

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
If im gonna go with screen then im going to outsource which is going to cost me quite a few bucks then i would hope to spend.

Would sublimation work on american apparel white shirts? Or do you mean soft as in polyester.
Custom transfers could be the way to go too. There are many vendors that will create custom transfers. Some of these will look just like screenprinting.

Another option that you should look into is a printed digital film. This is basically a film that is printed on with either Solvent or Eco Solvent ink and then heat applied to a garment.

There are some really think medias available and there are companies that will create these for you.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Sublimating on poly/cotton blend will give you "vintage" or faded/washed out look. If you want a vibrant print it should be done on 100% polyester. There are polyester shirts that look and feel like casual cotton t-shirts, but perform like good quality sport shirts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can get rid of the glossy look by pressing a second time, using Silicon coated Kraft paper. The paper gives the image a matte finish and takes away the "cartoon" look. Teflon sheets work the opposite way. They help to gloss up an image, when it is needed.

Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts