T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it legal to take off pictures on google and print them onto shirts?

If not, what are some legal ways of creating/finding a picture that can be printed on to shirts?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Re: Google? Legal?

no you still need permission from who ever took the pic, but you can always change thing around with it so it wont be noticeable. you can but istock photos also

·
Registered
566 Posts

no you still need permission from who ever took the pic, but you can always change thing around with it so it wont be noticeable.
It depends on what you mean by "noticeable." In most cases, altering an image does not make it legal to use. You have to make the image unrecognizable.

As suggeted, istockphoto.com is a good source. For clip art type stuff, clipart.com is excellent. You can get huge discounts on subscriptions --90% discount-- as described in this thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

ahh i have to pay for images too

is there a way to get free graphics that i can put onto shirts?

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts

Not really not unless you create them yourself. Most images that you would use for printing for retail you will need to buy a right of use license, Or buy royalty free images, and make sure to read the license as some will have limits on the amount of times they can be printed for retail.

·
Registered
566 Posts

ahh i have to pay for images too

is there a way to get free graphics that i can put onto shirts?
Try the Open Clip Art Library. It's all public domain clipart.

If that doesn't work, try the clipart.com link above. Though not quite free, they have an amazing library of over 10 million images, and you can get a year subscription for $20 or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts