T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't see alot of up and coming brands using taglines but they all have logo's. is it because bigger brands have money to spend on marketing and promotion and smaller ones dont.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I don't think there is a direct correlation between size of budget and having a tagline. Taglines are good when companies want that one liner to help describe their product or service. Or to express something that perhaps helps the company stand out from their competition. Clothing companies may not need a tagline of their brand name and logo tells the story of what the brand is about.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i was thinking it would be good to have one, like you said to set yourself apart from the comp. theres so much comp it would be good to have. but i wonder if it has a positive effect on customers prespective of a brand.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
I think the customer's perception of a brand is the whole package... quality, style, price, shopping experience, marketing, endorsements, website, etc. The tagline would just be one of many things that make up a customer's perception. Taglines don't cost money, so why not go ahead and use one?

·
Registered
148 Posts
A good tagline will never hurt a company as anything which can get across what the company is in a few words will always be an advantage. A logo is good, a logo with a short, snappy tagline is even better. And the best thing is, it can be created for free just with a bit of imagination.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts