T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A gazzillion years of experience in the screen printing trade is unequivocally a trade asset.

I’ve done a little research on this and here are some interesting results:

The Grandpa-1 that pumps out 2,000 pcs. / day seems to be clued in to other printing methods like transfers, die-cuts etc. and in most cases also offer such services or will give you a trade contact for such.

The Grandpa-2 that fits into the “ Specialty Market “ ( cattering to small projects and is easily found in the yellow pages for example ), that puts out 500 pcs/week seem to have a problem with iron-on transfers, die-cuts etc. and of course they are not set up to provide such services.

Also within the “ Specialty Market “, I have found that this is where Grandpa-2 will pull out the old “ I”ve been doing this for a gazzillion years, trust me “ Bit more often.

Are young designs new to the trade that do not have a GrandPa-1 contact better off choosing a “Young” screen printer with a fresh outlook of the trade ?

Any thoughts on this anyone ?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Expecting a screen-printer to offer transfers is like trying to buy a bike from a car showroom.

Sure, they might sell bikes. But I bet they prefer cars. And it's probably better to try a bike shop.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Another fitting metaphor would be accusing a bespoke furniture maker of being old fashioned because he didn't stock IKEA flatpack Billy Bookcases.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
monkeylantern said:
Another fitting metaphor would be accusing a bespoke furniture maker of being old fashioned because he didn't stock IKEA flatpack Billy Bookcases.
Or Shakespeare of using your metaphors.

ZING!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm certain if Shakespeare went to IKEA, there would have been something rotten in the state of Sweden, not Denmark.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Foxy said:
again,

very, very boring..............no quality imput........very boring.

sorry too lazy to use spell check.
Without trying to sound immodest, I think my first post totally sums up the situation.

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, you did have a point there i agree, with respect if you are looking for apples in bannannna country..hahah! you are looking in the wrong place.

are you saying that Grandpa-2 is the option choice for a new designer ?

although he may not be able to provide what GrandPa-1 can ?

if so, why would a " young " screen printer be ruled out as an option ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts