T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I keep mix I still do more T-shirt now then Hoodies. but then it changes like over night it all so up to weather, if it stays cold then more Hoodies and if it stays nice like it has been here then Teeshirts.I am all so going to try flannel shirts this year and see how that goes.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David, good to see you on,, tell me what you are going to do with flannels . print wise?
I just got back from the store and all the zippered hoodies i saw at the mall, all had like sheepskin inside, them. i am going to have to get one and try it on the press, and find out the right pressure, as this is way more material, than i have put in there, but they look so cozy. We are suppose to get frost, tonight so our weather is a changing here.
The leaves as well

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Are leaves are started to change to at night it gets down to 40s and day is 60 to 70 but that will change here fast flannels shirts the ones that buttons up I am going to add some custome made plastisol transfers to the back side

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Tees sell all year round, but obviously in far smaller quantities during the winter months.

Not all of the sweatshirts and hoodies are suitable for every type of garment decoration. This is particularly so of the external deep pile and fleecy garments. Even heat pressed vinyl can struggle to get a grip on those. You really have to shop around to find something suitable.

For sublimation work, the polyester sweatshirts and hoodies are not commercially viable, as the blank garments are a ridiculous price.

Most people choose winter garments for their warmth, rather than their decorative appeal, so you need to keep trying out new ideas and think of new uses for your equipment during the winter months. :)

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will, Thanks, I am in Northen Minnesota,, and the weather is turning here, I always carry some Hoodies and Crewncecks but going , to stock up a bit,, and long sleeve t-s,
I am so tempted to just have the blanks on the racks and let them pick the design out of a book or something, instead of making and have em lay around if they dont sell.
I have to work on that concept, and for goodness sake,, they cant all be made in my size in case the dont selll lol or Hubbies, or sons, or nephew or whoever in the family gets it if it doesnt sell...lol

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Sandy Jo. All of my products are virtual. What I mean by that, is that every single product across all five sites doesn't exist, until a customer actually purchases. All of my imagery and designs are superimposed onto blank templates via Photoshop. This is done carefully and they are all perfectly blended in.

Obviously I keep the blanks and equipment here, but no finished products.

If you have a vinyl cutter find other uses for it, same goes for your printer. People generally have far less sweatshirts in their wardrobes, than they do t-shirts. Use the winter months to work on new designs.:)

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
will I just get some orders for Hoodies with names easy one's to do and make fast buck on them to. I know where I live we go to Hoodies to coats over night when it gets cold watch out LOL.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I am still selling tees and tanks but hoodies are coming out soon. I still have a case from last year and am taking them with me this weekend. I actually wear them at the movies year round...sometime its damned cold in our theater.

·
Registered
414 Posts
What kind of sweaters? are you doing emboidery?can you show us?
thanks
Im going with the lined zip up and thick pull overs.
The pull overs are going to have a screen print design on them and the zip up is going to be kept simple with just a small logo patch. The mens will be more custom and the ladies are from continental.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I keep mix I still do more T-shirt now then Hoodies. but then it changes like over night it all so up to weather, if it stays cold then more Hoodies and if it stays nice like it has been here then Teeshirts.I am all so going to try flannel shirts this year and see how that goes.
Hey David,
Let me know how the flannel prints come out, im very interested on this as well.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
will I just get some orders for Hoodies with names easy one's to do and make fast buck on them to. I know where I live we go to Hoodies to coats over night when it gets cold watch out LOL.
It's the criminal element and street gangs that wear hoodies in the UK. Something about CCTV cameras not being able to identify them. :)

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
I guess living in California I dont notice that much difference with the garments :) I do some Hoodies but still mostly regular tess and onesies for babies.

Reactions: mrdavid
1 - 20 of 28 Posts