T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have X5 on our system at work but we would like to have X4 on it too,as simpleseps seperation artwork works better with X4 than X5 , is this ok and is there anything that might go wrong with having both suites on 1 pc, basically is X5 backwards compatible with X4

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have X5 and X3 on my computer at work. Everything works just fine, accept when you go and try to open a X5 file in X3, it does not work. Its a simple fix of saving as a x3 files usnign X5, and then opening the new file in X3. X4 may have fixed the problem, but I doubt it. YOu will need to save your .cdr in X5 as the version (x4) you want to open in X4

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I have X3/4/5 on one computer and have experienced no issues. The only issue as stated is using files saved in their current version with an older version - that will not work. Saving a current version as an older version could lose some of the new features of the new program, but that is the worst case scenario. I sometimes do not even bother with all of that I just open in current version and copy and paste into the version I want to use - then keep it moving. You will be fine and you can remove either version without affect the other.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The only other issue you may have is if you use PhotoPAINT depending on what version was installed last it will take control. For example if you installed X4 then X5, you are working in X4 and select Edit Bitmap, it will open in X5, when you exit it will take you back to X4 draw. Just giving you the heads up.
CW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.