T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was just wondering, when I go to trademark my clothing line name, do i include "Clothing" at the end of it?
For example: Knights of Armor Clothing.
Is Clothing part of the name or is the name just Knights of Armor?
I don't wanna trademark the wrong thing so please help me. I'd REALLY appreciate it.
Also, do you HAVE to include "Clothing" or "Apparel"? Or can you just leave the name alone without any of that?

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
It's really up to you, there's no right or wrong. If you intend on consistently using the word "Clothing" with your brand name on labels, tags, website, marketing, etc, then you should probably trademark it that way. If not, then just trademark "Knights of Armor." The usage of "Clothing" would not be adding any value to your mark, it's simply descriptive of your company and product.

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Andddd to add to the above... seriously consider consulting a Trademark Attorney, if you really want to make sure you do it right... see the pros. :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
eh.. i was trying to avoid the whole attorney/lawyer thing. But if it's for the best then i guess i will. Thank you. Does it cost a lot of money?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go to legalzoom.com, I think they charge about $180.00 plus the application fee for to fill out all the paper work and do a quick search. It's worth the money, you don't want to wait around a couple of months and find out you didn't dot all the i's and cross all the T's. Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts